• Lightdm often greets with black screen

Installed the latest image (antergos-2014.08.07-i686.iso) and now the lightdm will frequently greet me with a pitch black screen. All I have is a functioning mouse arrow, so when clicking in the centre of the screen and then typing the login password (without actually seeing anything at all on the screen), it logs in as normal to Gnome! This happens approximately 1/3 of the time when booting. At other times, the lightdm works fine. Can anyone provide a solution?

• Installed the latest image (antergos-2014.08.07-i686.iso) and now the lightdm will frequently greet me with a pitch black screen. All I have is a functioning mouse arrow, so when clicking in the centre of the screen and then typing the login password (without actually seeing anything at all on the screen), it logs in as normal to Gnome! This happens approximately 1/3 of the time when booting. At other times, the lightdm works fine. Can anyone provide a solution?

• Is your root on an SSD? There is an issue when using an SSD where lightdm is sometimes started before the system is ready. If that applies to you, you can add a delay of a few seconds by creating a script for lightdm to run before it starts the X display.

/etc/lightdm/display.sh

\#!/bin/bash  

sleep 3 && exit 0  

Then add your script to /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf:

Also don't forget to make it executable:sudo chmod +x /etc/lightdm/display.sh

Let me know if it helps

Best Regards,

• Thank you for your attention. The drive is just a mechanical HDD. I tried your suggestions, but no improvement.

Is there a safe way to replace lightdm by the previous Antergos login screen (the one that displayed time & date in white on a blue background when screen blanked)?

• I have the exact same problem here, my configuration is a HP Envy 4 1024tx with intel i5-3317, as far as I know, it seems a issue with Antergos (webkitgkt2) theme, I have to solve the problem by force enable gdm through systemctl, though I do like your antergos greeting theme.

Posts 5Views 1587