• Antergos has a black lock screen in VBox - no login possible

Hello!

After a few minutes without doing something on the PC, Antergos turns into a lock screen. So far, so good.

But the lock screen is black. Therefore I could not type my password, becaus I see nothing.

Fehler.jpg

Interesting is, when I put the LOOKED Antergos on the task bar and wait a few minutes, the look screen is normal again. This is really uncomfortable and impractical when I will work with my PC at the time, I want to work with. Not after a few minutes after looking the screen an put it on the task bar… ;-)

Korrekt.jpg

I have this problem since two months.

I use Xfce.

I don’t know, if this would be an antergos-problem or a vbox-problem.

This info is also in the virtualbox-forum: -> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=91845 (I could not post URLs)

Best regards to you.

• @an0n1mous
    Is your host OS also Antergos? Or Windows?

I suspect the graphics driver, although there could be other reasons.
    What is the graphics card model?

Have you installed packages virtualbox-guest-dkms and virtualbox-guest-utils into the VM?

If you have Antergos as host, did you install packages virtualbox-host-dkms and virtualbox-ext-oracle (from AUR)?

• @an0n1mous
    I can confirm the issue. I just installed Antergos Xfce into a VM, and the same thing happens. So far I couldn’t get the VM working after the lock, even after putting it to task bar for a few minutes.

EDIT: now the VM is usable again. So exactly as you described.

Now I’m testing an older VM. Takes some time though.

• An older Antergos VM did not have this issue.
    Maybe @developers have an idea?

• @manuel what is difference in video settings if the virtualbox ?

• On one of the last updates of vb they introduce a new graphic driver option, and it is still a bit buggy…
    called VBoxSVGA changing from that to legacy driver: VBoxVGA is working without these issues

• @manuel: The host OS is also Antergos but with KDE.

I have this problem with two IT-Systems:
    -ThinkPad T530
    -HP Workstation Z210 with a NVIDIA Quadro

I have installed all needed packages but not the AUR-packages (I won’t trust them). But it works wonderful in the past also without the v-ext-oracle. Only since two months this problem appears.

@joekamprad : The VBoxVGA-Driver did not solve this problem with the black look screen. Only this problem: https://forum.antergos.com/topic/11380/antergos-will-not-start-the-live-environment-to-install-it-in-vbox

I hope we or virtualbox will find a solution.

• @an0n1mous
    I think it is a virtualbox problem.
    I just installed with older Antergos 19.1 in a VM and it showed the same issue.
    And also Antergos 18.9 in VM showed the same problem.

login135 black84 lock33 vbox5 Posts 8Views 93
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.