• Help with lightdm not starting

Hi. I was messing around with trying to get a lock screen to start when my laptop lid was closed and I think I might have done something wrong. Now, I can’t get into my display manager, lightdm.
    I don’t know how I can copy over the output from my computer which I can’t access the web with, so I’ve included pictures of my screen.
    First
    Second

• most first thing causing lightdm to fail is a problem with GPU driver wrong configured, so what are your GPU and what driver is in use?

• @Deditionis
    What exactly did you do to have the lock screen working?
    If it was only some settings, then deleting the settings files under $HOME might help.
    But if you installed or uninstalled something, you could try revert that with pacman.

• @joekamprad I’m running a Thinkpad X1C5 with HD 620 graphics. How do I check the driver version?

@manuel I was using betterlockscreen and I think i did this. Prior, the lock screen never actually activated when I closed my laptop lid or when the laptop suspended in general. I might have tried something else, but I don’t remember what, if I did. The config file for betterlockscreen is default and I haven’t even moved it to my ~/.config/. /etc/systemd/system/[email protected] currently has this:

[Unit]
    Description = Lock screen when going to sleep/suspend

[Service]
    User=%I
    Type=simple
    Environment=Display=:0
    ExecStart=/usr/bin/betterlockscreen --lock
    TimeoutSec=infinity

[Install]
    WantedBy=sleep.target
    WantedBy=suspend.target

• What is the Desktop Environment? if GNOME try change to GDM:

https://antergos.com/wiki/desktops/installing-display-managers/

• @Deditionis said in Help with lightdm not starting:

How do I check the driver version?

lspci -k | grep -A 2 -E "(VGA|3D)"

You have Intel HD Graphics 620, so your driver probably is i915.
    Package betterlockscreen is in AUR.

You could show here the drivers you have installed:

pacman -Qs xf86-video

• @joekamprad I’m using i3.

@manuel Driver version

I didn’t mind using lightdm personally, and would like to know how to fix the problem as opposed to installing another display manager. Thanks.

• @Deditionis
    What happens if you remove that betterlockscreen and all its configs and reboot?

• @Deditionis said in Help with lightdm not starting:

I didn’t mind using lightdm personally, and would like to know how to fix the problem as opposed to installing another display manager. Thanks.

You could change the login manager just to know if that solve the problem, and then you’ll have a way to get into i3.

• Hi everybody. I was messing around with my settings to try and figure something out. I just did a system update pacman -Syu and it fixed it. Thanks for the suggestions!

lightdm137 starting25 Posts 10Views 193
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.