• reboot 'resets' display settings

Hey,

I just switched from ubuntu to antergos and I don’t regret it!

The thing is that on every startup/reboot I have to switch from the internal monitor to an external manually.

Anyone has some hints how I can save those settings?

cheers

• you can try like this ? https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xrandr#Toggle_external_monitor i dont know your setup mayby with this link you get a bit set in neighbourhood

• @selion do you set this up with gnome-control-center? And what exactly is the problem? Do you want to switch default Desktop to the external monitor when you plug it in? or doesn’t it enable/use the external monitor?

• @ringo32 thanks for that script. I played a bit with it and I’m pretty sure it will work. I Just think there has to be an error somewhere because it worked on ubuntu with gnome?!

@joekamprad
    yes I use gnome-control-center.
    The external monitor is connected permanently via mini dp.

So I startup my laptop whatever configuration is activated right now I change it to single display external monitor.

On next startup/reboot this configuration is lost. Interesting thing is it’s either single display - internal monitor or join display.

Hope this makes it clearer!

• @selion i would say usually it should be recognized by gnome, but the easiest solution is to create a xrandr script and autostart it with lightdm or at login to DE.
    For lightdm adding:

greeter-setup-script=/etc/lightdm/greeter_setup.sh

right after [Seat:*] inside /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

and save the script under /etc/lightdm/greeter_setup.sh

I am using this to setup dualscreen setup … and both are connected permanently… for toggling you may follow the link @ringo32 gives beforehand…

gnome337 Posts 5Views 56
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.