• How to install b43-firmware

Hello. For a few weeks I’m trying to install my Wireless-Card. In a Arch Forum they said, I have to to install b43-fimware.
    But Pacman XG can’t find b43-firmware. With sudo pacman -S b43-firmware I had also no success. In the Arch Forum I got a link, but with that link I can find a lot of informations, the source code and the dependences but except package „[i:2ub25r20]pkg.tar.gz[/i:2ub25r20]" of b43-firmware. I have already downloaded the source code but I can not find the package!
    Now in the Arch they Forum don’t want to help me and they said, I have to go to an Antergos Forum (I did that). Now the administrators have closed the thread.

• Hello. For a few weeks I’m trying to install my Wireless-Card. In a Arch Forum they said, I have to to install b43-fimware.
    But Pacman XG can’t find b43-firmware. With sudo pacman -S b43-firmware I had also no success. In the Arch Forum I got a link, but with that link I can find a lot of informations, the source code and the dependences but except package „[i:2ub25r20]pkg.tar.gz[/i:2ub25r20]" of b43-firmware. I have already downloaded the source code but I can not find the package!
    Now in the Arch they Forum don’t want to help me and they said, I have to go to an Antergos Forum (I did that). Now the administrators have closed the thread.

• Hi,

Sorry you had to go through all of that. To resolve your issue, run the following commands:

sudo pacman -Syu  
    sudo pacman -S yaourt  
    yaourt -S b43-firmware --noconfirm

Don’t forget to reboot your system afterwards

Cheers!

• Thank you. I will do it the next day.

• Sorry, but I have no experience with package building and I don’t know, what I have to edit in this the file.

\# Maintainer: Xavion <Xavion (dot) 0 (at) Gmail (dot) com\>  

pkgname=b43-firmware  
    pkgver=5.100.138  
    pkgrel=2  
    pkgdesc="Firmware for Broadcom B43 wireless networking chips"  
    arch=("any")  
    url="http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43"  
    license=("GPL")  
    depends=("linux\>=3.2")  
    makedepends=("b43-fwcutter\>=015")  
    options=(!emptydirs)  
    source=(http://www.lwfinger.com/${pkgname}/broadcom-wl-${pkgver}.tar.bz2)  

package() {  
    cd "${srcdir}"/broadcom-wl-${pkgver}  

\# Directories  
    install -d "${pkgdir}"/usr/lib/firmware/  

\# Application  
    b43-fwcutter -w "${pkgdir}"/usr/lib/firmware/ linux/wl\_apsta.o  

\# Messages  
    \#msg "You should add 'b43' to the 'MODULES' array of your '/etc/rc.conf' file."  
    }  

sha1sums=('21691a8c99c66f58d18f863ee43593d1633b454c')

• nothing
    do not edit

• Please run the command EXACTLY as I have provided. You will not be asked to edit any files.

Cheers!

• OK, wher I have to run the command „EXECTLY".
    Do you mean possibly:

yaourt -S b43-firmware exextly

?

• Hi,

1. Open a terminal
    2. Run the following command:

yaourt -S b43-firmware --noconfirm

That should result in the firmware being installed successfully. Let me know

• OK. I did it with --noconfirm. Thank you. It’s running.

• This should be on Wiki. Not on the forum. There is a bug on github with this situation too.

Posts 11Views 5507
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.