• How to install b43-firmware

Hello. For a few weeks I’m trying to install my Wireless-Card. In a Arch Forum they said, I have to to install b43-fimware.
    But Pacman XG can’t find b43-firmware. With sudo pacman -S b43-firmware I had also no success. In the Arch Forum I got a link, but with that link I can find a lot of informations, the source code and the dependences but except package „[i:2ub25r20]pkg.tar.gz[/i:2ub25r20]" of b43-firmware. I have already downloaded the source code but I can not find the package!
    Now in the Arch they Forum don’t want to help me and they said, I have to go to an Antergos Forum (I did that). Now the administrators have closed the thread.

• Hello. For a few weeks I’m trying to install my Wireless-Card. In a Arch Forum they said, I have to to install b43-fimware.
    But Pacman XG can’t find b43-firmware. With sudo pacman -S b43-firmware I had also no success. In the Arch Forum I got a link, but with that link I can find a lot of informations, the source code and the dependences but except package „[i:2ub25r20]pkg.tar.gz[/i:2ub25r20]" of b43-firmware. I have already downloaded the source code but I can not find the package!
    Now in the Arch they Forum don’t want to help me and they said, I have to go to an Antergos Forum (I did that). Now the administrators have closed the thread.

• Hi,

Sorry you had to go through all of that. To resolve your issue, run the following commands:

sudo pacman -Syu  
    sudo pacman -S yaourt  
    yaourt -S b43-firmware --noconfirm

Don’t forget to reboot your system afterwards

Cheers!

• Thank you. I will do it the next day.

• Sorry, but I have no experience with package building and I don’t know, what I have to edit in this the file.

\# Maintainer: Xavion <Xavion (dot) 0 (at) Gmail (dot) com\>  

pkgname=b43-firmware  
    pkgver=5.100.138  
    pkgrel=2  
    pkgdesc="Firmware for Broadcom B43 wireless networking chips"  
    arch=("any")  
    url="http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43"  
    license=("GPL")  
    depends=("linux\>=3.2")  
    makedepends=("b43-fwcutter\>=015")  
    options=(!emptydirs)  
    source=(http://www.lwfinger.com/${pkgname}/broadcom-wl-${pkgver}.tar.bz2)  

package() {  
    cd "${srcdir}"/broadcom-wl-${pkgver}  

\# Directories  
    install -d "${pkgdir}"/usr/lib/firmware/  

\# Application  
    b43-fwcutter -w "${pkgdir}"/usr/lib/firmware/ linux/wl\_apsta.o  

\# Messages  
    \#msg "You should add 'b43' to the 'MODULES' array of your '/etc/rc.conf' file."  
    }  

sha1sums=('21691a8c99c66f58d18f863ee43593d1633b454c')

• nothing
    do not edit

• Please run the command EXACTLY as I have provided. You will not be asked to edit any files.

Cheers!

• OK, wher I have to run the command „EXECTLY".
    Do you mean possibly:

yaourt -S b43-firmware exextly

?

• Hi,

1. Open a terminal
    2. Run the following command:

yaourt -S b43-firmware --noconfirm

That should result in the firmware being installed successfully. Let me know

• OK. I did it with --noconfirm. Thank you. It’s running.

• This should be on Wiki. Not on the forum. There is a bug on github with this situation too.

Posts 11Views 4721