• Problem with Caja

i’m update caja to version 1.20. But caja dont open. I cant see my files or folders.
    What do I need to do?
    If caja does not work, which environment is better to put? And the most important thing is how to deliver correctly?
    caja.png

• the problem is the caja extensions still not up to date at antergos repository…
    you can update them from archlinux with any aur helper like yay / pikaur e.t.c.

yay -S community/caja-extensions-common
    yay -S aur/caja-gksu
    yay -S community/caja-open-terminal

• @joekamprad said in Problem with Caja:

the problem is the caja extensions still not up to date at antergos repository…
    you can update them from archlinux with any aur helper like yay / pikaur e.t.c.

yay -S community/caja-extensions-common
    yay -S aur/caja-gksu
    yay -S community/caja-open-terminal

i use Antergos 18.5 LTS x64
    mate: 1.20.4
    i update caja but didnt work.
    caja2.png

• any other of them installed?
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-02-08 11-31-17.png
    can you try open caja from terminal?

may it give an error…

any other of them installed?
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-02-08 11-31-17.png
    can you try open caja from terminal?

may it give an error…

installed only:
    Caja (caja)
    Caja file manage for desktop mate
    Caja-extensions-common
    Caja-gksu
    Caja-open-terminal

[[email protected] ~]$ sudo caja
    [sudo] пароль для duvs:
    caja: error while loading shared libraries: libexempi.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

• @Makkler said in Problem with Caja:

caja: error while loading shared libraries: libexempi.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libexempi.so.8 /usr/lib/libexempi.so.3

• @just i was thinking this will only solve the issue for the outdated packages… but

exempi 2.5.0-1 is providing /usr/lib/libexempi.so.8

caja is depending on exempi but why/what is calling the old version libexempi.so.3 here?

• @just said in Problem with Caja:

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libexempi.so.8 /usr/lib/libexempi.so.3

Thank you. It’s work. Caja open and i see my files. Why was this problem? i’m Update only from update program.

@joekamprad
    Thanks for help =)

Pls close topic.

caja is depending on exempi but why/what is calling the old version libexempi.so.3 here?

Not only caja depends on exempi. Caja-open-terminal, caja-gksu and eom (eye-of-mate) also depend on exempi:

$ pactree --reverse exempi

exempi
    ├─caja
    │ ├─caja-extensions-common
    │ │ ├─caja-gksu
    │ │ └─caja-open-terminal
    │ ├─caja-gksu
    │ └─caja-open-terminal
    └─eom
    $ 

I don’t know who needs | calls | uses libexempi.so.3.

Seems like the problem with missing libexempi.so.3 is present in Antergos Mate only. Libexempi.so.3 is not needed and is not present neither in native Arch Mate, nor in other true Arch clones, like Revenge Mate. All three have identical Mate configuration here. Arch Mate and Revenge Mate have libexempi.so and libexempi.so.8 only.

caja5 Posts 9Views 379
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.