• Lost the Nunix Frost Light gnome-shell theme.

Hi,

I was playing around with themes including installing elegance-colors. I now realize that the Numix Frost and Numix Frost Light gnome-shell themes are not longer available in Tweak-Tool, only elegance-colors. The gtk, window and icon themes are still there, but I am not able to get the gnome-shell themes back. I tried to reinstall the numix-frost-theme package, but when looking at the files the do not contain gnome-shell themes. How do I get back the Numix-Frost and Numix-Frost-Light gnome-shell themes?

//Christian

• Hi,

I was playing around with themes including installing elegance-colors. I now realize that the Numix Frost and Numix Frost Light gnome-shell themes are not longer available in Tweak-Tool, only elegance-colors. The gtk, window and icon themes are still there, but I am not able to get the gnome-shell themes back. I tried to reinstall the numix-frost-theme package, but when looking at the files the do not contain gnome-shell themes. How do I get back the Numix-Frost and Numix-Frost-Light gnome-shell themes?

//Christian

• Hi, I can confirm that this issue is a result of a numix-themes-frost update. For some reason a bunch of DE specific folders seem to have vanished from the theme, but you can downgrade the package using pacmanXG, copy the relevent folders to a temporary location, re-upgrade the package, and stick the folders back into place. Doing so fixed the issue using Cinnamon.

• @“matt_della”:2jqenrit said:

Hi, I can confirm that this issue is a result of a numix-themes-frost update. For some reason a bunch of DE specific folders seem to have vanished from the theme, but you can downgrade the package using pacmanXG, copy the relevent folders to a temporary location, re-upgrade the package, and stick the folders back into place. Doing so fixed the issue using Cinnamon.[/quote:2jqenrit]

Good to know it wasn’t me breaking it. I went and picked the gnome-shell and cinnamon themes off my install USB stick. Works for now. Thanks!

//Christian

Posts 4Views 2064