• Update Icon Missing????

Hey Guys, I’ve been around Arch a bit, running Manjaro, and Arch, but after installation I did a command line update. I don’t see the ‘Up-To-Date’ Icon in the lower left, as in Manjaro. Am I missing something?
    I Really like the feel of Antergos: Slim, lean but stable…
    Thanks Guys…

• Hey Guys, I’ve been around Arch a bit, running Manjaro, and Arch, but after installation I did a command line update. I don’t see the ‘Up-To-Date’ Icon in the lower left, as in Manjaro. Am I missing something?
    I Really like the feel of Antergos: Slim, lean but stable…
    Thanks Guys…

• we might be using different versions of antergos but they might not have a status update icon installed by default. im on openbox and dont have one but i know when i used manjaro i had one on there. my thought is its not really needed on antergos. you are gonna want to be checking for updates a lot. manjaro holds the packages for weeks and weeks sometimes so ya i could understand needing it on there. but here i wouldnt worry about it

enjoy the hop from manjaro to antergos i find things work better closer to arch

• Yea, that was my concern, just so handy, just click and it checks. Its funny, I left WinBlows for Pinguy. Then, seemed to be missing something, so, I went to Mint for about a year. That whole time I was distro surfing. I went to Karora, after about 2 weeks… ran all the memory out of the laptop system. Got rid of that. I probably used about 20 diff systems over few years.
    After about 2 more distros…I happened onto Manjaro…I really liked it. Been on it about 6 months now. I decided to try Andergos since a friend suggested it. I LIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE…
    I also like the fact that its a part German system, and I’m totally anti-NSA after all this spying crap here in the US.
    The system seems alot more secure than the others. I thought about Chakra on one of my other laptops for something to mess with…I Think I’m gonna stay here…feels like home.

• i was at manjaro for over a year but i like antergos a lot more. it can be handy to have the update icon and im sure there is a way to make it work. someone else on here might have a solution.

• Been doing some in depth digging , in the repo’s, in AUR, theres pacupdate that should let things happen just the way it does in manjaro, the icon, and when its update time , it just turns red…well…it won’t install.
    I work alot on my 3 laptops, One has Manjaro, This one has Antergos, the one that I use out on my porch uses Chakra, and my desktop I use Arch…so, I’m suprised that it isn’t used…
    I’m all for command line and all, and I use these things for work and play. Since I use these as such, the command line is needed on occassion, thats why its in my toolbar. But a GUI is nice since I’m looking and it tells me when it needs updating.
    If I gotta write a script for it ot do a cron job, so to speak, thats more work.
    After a fashion, if it gets to be too much, hell, I might as well go back to unix…

• you can use PacmanXG for your updates. total gui. even if you use the terminal for updates. just press the up arrow on your keyboard for your last command. its like 3 clicks 2 check for updates in the terminal.

like i said before the update icon isnt really needed on arch i dont think because packages are almost always coming in daily! you want to be checking at least once a week. but maybe search google for arch update icon im sure someone must use something like that.

• there is Octopi and Octopi-notifer in the AUR do those work? thats what i used on manjaro.

• BTW, you can install Pamac from the AUR and use it’s update utility. I don’t use Pamac for package management but the update utility is useful. I’m working on a similar utility for Antergos

Cheers!

• Kalu in an arch updater with system tray icon that updates and list news from arch website.
    [url:h2rhy25c]https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=135773[/url:h2rhy25c]

Posts 10Views 2469