• I can't install Antergos

Hi,

I just downloaded the last version of Antergos antergos-19.1-x86_64

When I want to select “Start live OS Antergos (usb)”, the Antergos logo pop appears and loads indefinitely, I can not get on the live OS to install antergos

I tried on 2 laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad T470s and Asus Zenbook Pro… Same problem

Someone can have idea?

Thx

• Which program did you use to create the ISO?

• It does this to me on Virtualbox. I use the VESA fallback option and it will load. See if that works.

• @joekamprad
    Once I clicked on start live OS usb, I left it for 3 hours … It never happened on the live OS, it remained on the logo antergos

• @Bryanpwo said in I can't install Antergos:

Which program did you use to create the ISO?

I created USB bootable with Rufus, Unetbootin and with a linux console… Same issue

• @cversion7 said in I can't install Antergos:

It does this to me on Virtualbox. I use the VESA fallback option and it will load. See if that works.

Thank, I’ll try
    I selected Nvidia fallback yesterday but when I clicked on “Start with Nvidia fallback” I just got and error and a root prompt

• @corentin-marquant
    If @cversion7 method doesn’t work, try to create the USB key with Etcher.

@corentin-marquant
    If @cversion7 method doesn’t work, try to create the USB key with Etcher.

@cversion7 said in I can't install Antergos:

It does this to me on Virtualbox. I use the VESA fallback option and it will load. See if that works.

I tried both methods, with VESA fallback I got an error “Starting show plymouth boot screen” and nothing else after
    With Etcher same issue, antergos live OS doesn’t load…

• I’ve tried an installation yesterday and everything worked, so this is a shot in the dark, but try to download another iso image and try again. I know it’s a pain, but maybe there’s something wrong with the downloaded ISO.

I’ve tried an installation yesterday and everything worked, so this is a shot in the dark, but try to download another iso image and try again. I know it’s a pain, but maybe there’s something wrong with the downloaded ISO.

Yes, I’ll try to find another version of antergos ISO, I think it’s the problem
    Thank you for your help

• @corentin-marquant
    You don’t have to find another version, just redownload another one.

@corentin-marquant
    You don’t have to find another version, just redownload another one.

I already download the iso live OS or minimum before making a bootable key, no success for the moment

• @corentin-marquant do you make sure to have secure boot disabled in efi-firmware (Bios)? And running on efi mode not legacy boot? (also bios settings)

• @joekamprad said in I can't install Antergos:

@corentin-marquant do you make sure to have secure boot disabled in efi-firmware (Bios)? And running on efi mode not legacy boot? (also bios settings)

Yes, secure boot was disabled

After many tries, it ended up working, thank you all for your help
    Have a good day :)

• I confirm that antergos-19.1-x86_64 have some installation problem.
    I tried it on a computer where some years ago I installed it without any problem and Antergos logo appears and loads indefinitely… because it is waiting for a disk not yet ready that, however, doesn’t exist.
    I am sure the computer has secure boot disabled in efi-firmware and is running on efi mode not legacy boot.
    I have done the ISOs both with Etcher and dd command after having verified them with md5sum.
    Instead on other computers “younger or older” it runs without problems.
    If the problem is recurrent and well identified, is it so difficult to intervene?

• @xginsa problem is known, but seem to affect only some efi systems, it is not identified what is the cause here…

• but new ISO is in testing already may try that one:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/antergos/files/mirror/iso/testing/

• It doesn’t resolve for me… Thanks

• @xginsa may try to remove splash from bootline is helping, mark usb entry, press e and erase the word splash at the end of the line (moove cursor point with arrow keys)

Posts 20Views 522
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.