• Suggestions for manual partition

@manuel @joekamprad
    I installed Archlabs on one of my laptops a week ago and I got the same error. At that time I thought there was something wrong with the Archlabs installer, but now I understand it’s coming from Arch.

• @Bryanpwo
    I’m currently installing Antergos Xfce to a VM. Let’s see how it goes…

• Antergos install was fully OK. No problem with grub. Everything works as expected.

• @manuel i do a xfce install (with LVM) and /boot/grub looks like this:
    Bild Text

• @manuel
    Maybe it’s only on real hardware with uefi…

• @Bryanpwo
    That may be so. Then BIOS and UEFI installations are different in a way that the other one cannot boot ???
    Or can it boot @joekamprad ?

• @manuel
    You know this makes me curious, I’m going to do a fresh Antergos install on my KDE machine, that one has Bios.

• @Bryanpwo
    I suggest a VM, just in case … ;)

• @manuel
    The KDE machine and my XFCE/i3 machines are testing/playing machines. My Gnome laptop is my daily driver.

• In Arch grub changelog they have the latest log at 2018-11-23:

• update unifont
    • stop packaging useless boot configuration
    • minor cleanups

The only point above that could be related is the second one. But for me it sounds they are not removing grub.cfg generation, or anything else that would prevent booting.

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/log/trunk?h=packages/grub&showmsg=1

• I just did the install and it booted as usual.

• uefi in a VM here installed yesterday installs fine but do not boot (get into grub rescue)
    … reinstalled now:

2019-01-29 20:37:03 [DEBUG  ] Generating grub.cfg...  (grub2.py:270)

so seems to be fixed already

• LVM install (with or without encryption) still have an issue:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB#Device_/dev/xxx_not_initialized_in_udev_database_even_after_waiting_10000000_microseconds

without binding LVM, install is not able to generate grub.cfg file… @developers ?

partition41 suggestions14 manual11 Posts 33Views 185
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.