• The file manager, PCManFM, doesn't remember passwords.

Hi,

I just installed Antergos with the Openbox desktop on one of my laptops. However, the file manager, PCManFM, doesn’t remember password to our smb shares. Even if I check for having it remembered forever I have to re-enter the passwords every time reboot or after having closed the file manager. However, when I installed PCMAnFM on a laptop with Antergos with GNOME PCManFM do remember the passwords. Any idea how I can get PCManFM to remember the passwords forever according to settings?

• Hi,

I just installed Antergos with the Openbox desktop on one of my laptops. However, the file manager, PCManFM, doesn’t remember password to our smb shares. Even if I check for having it remembered forever I have to re-enter the passwords every time reboot or after having closed the file manager. However, when I installed PCMAnFM on a laptop with Antergos with GNOME PCManFM do remember the passwords. Any idea how I can get PCManFM to remember the passwords forever according to settings?

• i dont have much experience using smb shares but maybe try thunar. thats very popular with openbox or really you can use anything. i used linux mints nemo for a while thats a nice file manager.

sorry not much help on my post hopefully someone else has more knowledge in that area.

• Hi,

Check that you have either “lxpolkit” or “polkit-gnome” installed and that they are configured to start automatically. The easiest way is to add one of these lines to ~/.config/openbox/autostart :

(sleep 1s && /usr/lib/lxpolkit/lxpolkit) &  

(sleep 1s && /usr/lib/polkit-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1) &

Let me know if that fixes it for you.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• @“lots.0.logs”:2axd3fpf said:

Hi,

Check that you have either “lxpolkit” or “polkit-gnome” installed and that they are configured to start automatically. The easiest way is to add one of these lines to ~/.config/openbox/autostart :

(sleep 1s && /usr/lib/lxpolkit/lxpolkit) &  
    >   
    > (sleep 1s && /usr/lib/polkit-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1) &

Let me know if that fixes it for you.

Best Regards,
    Dustin[/quote:2axd3fpf]

Thanks! In the meantime I found out that if I installed gnome-keyring the saving of passwords work. Your solutions seems a bit leaner and claner. I will try that also. Thanks!

• Hi,

I have some comments on the OpenBox desktop I discovered when installing it.

• The nm-applet is not loaded so it’s hard to configure networks.
    • The same pyqt libraries are not installed so hp-toolbox doesn’t work.
    • The desktop has 24h format and no obvious way to change it. (In tint2 it’s easier).
    • No movie thumbnails. Had to install ffmpegthumbnailer and Totem

Otherwise this is a phenomenal desktop! All in all, Antegros is very close to the perfect distro for me:

• Advanced
    • Bleeding edge without being broken
    • Easy and fast to install (important when you use it for work).
    • Incredibly good looking out of the box (thanks to lots of Numix).

I have switched all our machines, and that hasn’t happened since I went from Debian to Ubuntu in 2005 (I think).

Sorry for the rant, but I’m impressed…

Posts 6Views 3439
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.