• The file manager, PCManFM, doesn't remember passwords.

Hi,

I just installed Antergos with the Openbox desktop on one of my laptops. However, the file manager, PCManFM, doesn’t remember password to our smb shares. Even if I check for having it remembered forever I have to re-enter the passwords every time reboot or after having closed the file manager. However, when I installed PCMAnFM on a laptop with Antergos with GNOME PCManFM do remember the passwords. Any idea how I can get PCManFM to remember the passwords forever according to settings?

//Christian

• Hi,

I just installed Antergos with the Openbox desktop on one of my laptops. However, the file manager, PCManFM, doesn’t remember password to our smb shares. Even if I check for having it remembered forever I have to re-enter the passwords every time reboot or after having closed the file manager. However, when I installed PCMAnFM on a laptop with Antergos with GNOME PCManFM do remember the passwords. Any idea how I can get PCManFM to remember the passwords forever according to settings?

//Christian

• i dont have much experience using smb shares but maybe try thunar. thats very popular with openbox or really you can use anything. i used linux mints nemo for a while thats a nice file manager.

sorry not much help on my post hopefully someone else has more knowledge in that area.

• Hi,

Check that you have either “lxpolkit” or “polkit-gnome” installed and that they are configured to start automatically. The easiest way is to add one of these lines to ~/.config/openbox/autostart :

(sleep 1s && /usr/lib/lxpolkit/lxpolkit) &  

(sleep 1s && /usr/lib/polkit-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1) &

Let me know if that fixes it for you.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• @“lots.0.logs”:2axd3fpf said:

Hi,

Check that you have either “lxpolkit” or “polkit-gnome” installed and that they are configured to start automatically. The easiest way is to add one of these lines to ~/.config/openbox/autostart :

(sleep 1s && /usr/lib/lxpolkit/lxpolkit) &  
    >   
    > (sleep 1s && /usr/lib/polkit-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1) &

Let me know if that fixes it for you.

Best Regards,
    Dustin[/quote:2axd3fpf]

Thanks! In the meantime I found out that if I installed gnome-keyring the saving of passwords work. Your solutions seems a bit leaner and claner. I will try that also. Thanks!

//Christian

• Hi,

I have some comments on the OpenBox desktop I discovered when installing it.

• The nm-applet is not loaded so it’s hard to configure networks.
    • The same pyqt libraries are not installed so hp-toolbox doesn’t work.
    • The desktop has 24h format and no obvious way to change it. (In tint2 it’s easier).
    • No movie thumbnails. Had to install ffmpegthumbnailer and Totem

Otherwise this is a phenomenal desktop! All in all, Antegros is very close to the perfect distro for me:

• Advanced
    • Bleeding edge without being broken
    • Easy and fast to install (important when you use it for work).
    • Incredibly good looking out of the box (thanks to lots of Numix).

I have switched all our machines, and that hasn’t happened since I went from Debian to Ubuntu in 2005 (I think).

Sorry for the rant, but I’m impressed…

//Christian

Posts 6Views 2488