• Sound issues(input/output), ASrock B450 Pro4 using ALC892 Codec

I have several sound issues that are hard to reproduce.

I installed antergos yesterday and at the beginning the output sound was fine (headphones via jack). Later that evening I tried voip (via Discord) and things got downhill. The microphone input was crackling/scratching a lot and sometimes the audio output was crackling as well. This was quite annoying and I tested several jack ports (front and back) and several audio settings (nothing helped and I set them back to default).

Today I could not even listen to any music while surfing because everything was crackling/scratching and it had echo+delay. It seemed liked the audio was regurgitated. When I stopped the audio (pausing) the audio would pause with a delay because visual(video) and audio were offset and audio was repeated via some input?!

This even happens when my mic is not connected.

In my sound settings there is a speech-dispatcher, but why?Screenshot from 2019-01-28 16-43-25.png

searching for alsa in the arch/antergos repo shows me that alsa-firmware is not installed (lib,plugins and utils is however)Screenshot from 2019-01-28 16-44-43.png

My alsa-info-script output:
    http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=bb9917826b05bc7741b647bb2ee000b148b814db

• @joekamprad

Hey Joe, das wars ;)

This fixed the sound overall. Testing voip I encountered a strange bug that the mic boost would not stay on the value I had chosen. this resulted in crackling through high mic boost. Whenever I would talk more loudly the mic boost would also increase for some strange reason. I set the values via alsamixer this time and hopefully they wont change (unamplified mic for best quality).

sound60 b4501 pro41 asrock1 Posts 3Views 131
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.