• pacman -Syu issue: cannot open the file.

Hello everyone.

When I try pacman -Syu i get this output:

:: Sincronizando las bases de datos de los paquetes...
     antergos está actualizado
     core                                                                          135,0 KiB   634K/s 00:00 [##############################################################] 100%
     extra                                                                        1691,1 KiB   850K/s 00:02 [##############################################################] 100%
     community                                                                       4,8 MiB   692K/s 00:07 [##############################################################] 100%
     multilib                                                                      177,0 KiB   681K/s 00:00 [##############################################################] 100%
    :: Iniciando actualización completa del sistema...
    :: ¿Remplazar libmariadbclient con extra/mariadb-libs?  [S/n] 
    error: no se pudo abrir el archivo /var/lib/pacman/local/libsynctex-2018.48691-4/desc: No existe el fichero o el directorio
    resolviendo dependencias...
    buscando conflictos entre paquetes...
    advertencia: no se pudieron cargar completamente los metadatos para el paquete libsynctex-2018.48691-4
    error: no se pudo preparar la operación (paquete no válido o dañado)

The issue is this:
    error: cannot open the file /var/lib/pacman/local/libsynctex-2018.48691-4/desc: file or directory does not exists.

I have not idea what is happening.

Thank you.

• @roman-0
    You could try option --force:

sudo pacman -Syu --force

• @manuel said in pacman -Syu issue: cannot open the file.:

@roman-0
    You could try option --force:

sudo pacman -Syu --force

I get the same output… Fail too :(

• @roman-0
    Then maybe

sudo pacman -Syyu

without or with --force?

• –force is dead , its removing things completly of that package or --overwrite, but have to test a proper way :) --overwrite confusing me general :)

• @manuel said in pacman -Syu issue: cannot open the file.:

@roman-0
    Then maybe

sudo pacman -Syyu

without or with --force?

This not fix the problem :(

Thank you anyway ;)

• @roman-0 said in pacman -Syu issue: cannot open the file.:

libsynctex

try this

sudo pacman -S libsynctex --overwrite *synctex*

not with -Syu offcource always bad to do in combination with update parameter…

• @all lot of pacman database corruptions lately…

• it probably happends by installing trhough mirror probably somehow it breaks off or something happend in that kind it could installl it i dont know :)

• @BlaiseD said in pacman -Syu issue: cannot open the file.:

@roman-0 The fix I detailed in https://forum.antergos.com/topic/11283/issues-with-update-and-cups/3 should work for you too.

Yes!!! That is. My problem was fixed. Thank you so much ;)

pacman122 syu10 file6 Posts 11Views 99
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.