• most icons in menu are gone

@df8oe Sorry for adding to the confusion… but as far as I can tell that the code in /etc/lightdm/Xsession would be executed for all users, so it is hard to see why only a single user is affected.

• :) I know this, too. But the result is 100% reproduceable at 3 diferent machines…

• Hmmm… the implication is that ${@} is not plasma or lxqt for uid 1000.

Would be interesting to add

echo "${@}" > /tmp/my_ldm_xsession_exec

to /etc/lightdm/Xsession

Then log in as different users and see what the contents of /tmp/my_ldm_xsession_exec are for uid == 1000 and uid != 1000

• I did the experiment myself and the answer is
    /usr/bin/startkde
    I remember that from many many moons ago on KDE 3.x!
    So that answers why it triggers.
    I have no idea where to look for “special” behaviour when uid is 1000 :-(

• Good work BlaiseD. This is definitely a bug and not a feature. It should not trigger on plasma or any other othe qt based destop. There are some more out in the wilderness as Lxqt and Plasma: TDE (Trinity), RazorQT for example. I am not sure if there are more… I have reimplement the code and expand the right side of the condition by “|startkde”. Very old - I remembered this from my “SuSE-times” about 14 years ago :) With this modified condition all is working as expected.

The different behaviour for user id 1000 and all others is not related to this bug. I think this is within qt5ct. And I have investigated it is not dependent on group id. The “switch” is user id 1000.

• @df8oe Ah, you are a former fellow SuSE user!

From before the turn of this century I was a SuSE Linux user, and naturally a KDE user as well.
    Those were good times for SuSE.
    I still have OpenSuSE Leap installed though I hardly ever use it.
    Compared to Antergos it is slow and a resource hog to boot.
    I did try Tumbleweed, it wasn’t much faster and the rolling release didn’t work well for me. The installation was kaibashed in such a bad way that I had to reinstall!

When I stop to think about it, I guess I keep it around for nostalgic reasons.
    yast is fantastic, but I accept that the dream is over!

menu48 icons44 Posts 26Views 160
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.