• Hi guys, new Antergos user from Sweden here !

Hi fellas !

New Antergos user here.
    I have however been an *buntu user for abot 10-12 years. Dualbooting most of the time since I needed the other OS (the one which thay name shall not be spoken) because of work. But for the last 4 years I have been running linux exclusively and made the switch completely . For a couple of reasons I recently decided to get out of my comfortzone completely, and dip my toes in the Arch-pond. Slowly immersing my self in to it and see where it might lead me. Using the Cinnamon DE atm and really liking it. Very fast, responsive, ease of use and the AUR is realy nice. The devs have done a great jobb puting this distro together.

This forum on the other hand is really weird with some strange rules and ways. And to be honost a bit offputing and not so welcoming.

• hi !

Welcome… My self had used ubuntu for about 6 years before i switched to an arch based distro :)

This forum i dont know what the rules are, but im sure there are forum’s thats more awful fairly to tell…
    i think most users does not like a whitish forum i guess also ⛏ :)

• @mraz said in Hi guys, new Antergos user from Sweden here !:

This forum on the other hand is really weird with some strange rules and ways. And to be honost a bit offputing and not so welcoming.

by rules you are talking about akismet, this is may a bit confusing, but without this forum would be full of clickbait and spam… you simply need some reputation to post links.

On the other hand, the people here are really friendly and welcoming!

And truly the editor is a bit nerdy but it is like using archbased Linux… you need to dig into it:

https://antergos.com/wiki/uncategorized/howto-forum-post-editor/

• Thnx a lot guys ! 👍 😍

About the forum, I was refering to “the need to be trusted”. As much as I understand that you want to have a “clean” forum not filled with rubbish, it is also a bit frustrating that you can’t post anything right away. Usually it is when you need help, that you look for a forum or community to seek help. But yeah, as I said, as a whole I do get why you have it.

Next thing that I found odd and REAAAALLY frutsrating was when I wanted to create an account.
    So in the forum somewhere at the top (on left side if memory serves correctly) I found a link to register and create an account, so I went and did that. I was very careful and wrote down my password of choice, and finished the registration with the confirmation of email. Then when I went back to sign in I was redirected (for the lack of better words) to a little sign in window that popped up, the one where you chose how to login. So I entered my mail and made absolutely 10000% sure that I got password right. But it keept telling my I wrote the wrong password. And it keept doing that untill my account got suspended or locked. So I tried to register with another mail account and I was just as careful with my password, and it happened again. It kept telling me I got the credentials wrong, mail or password, wich I ofcourse didn’t.

So when trying to login for the last time I noticed in the login window mentioned above there was a link to register and create an account from there. And I did it again, for the 3:rd time.
    This time it worked, flawlessly. To me it’s a bit weird that you have 2 ways to register but only one of the works. That’s just wrong and very frustrating.

Anyhow, despite this conundrum, I’m happy to be here and to be a part of the community, thxs for the welcome ! 🙏🏼 😊

• Despite your efforts to join us, you’re very welcome here. The forum software has some bugs in it and the devs already have been improved it, but maybe there’s also a bug at the side of the provider. Anyway the devs are trying to work it out.

• Välkommen till Antergos, även om Akismet är som den är när man är ny. Du fick ett par “likes” av mig då det förbättrar ditt rykte, vilket gör att du slipper problem i forumet.

Jag hoppas du kommer att trivas. Forumet är bra, och tonen betydligt bättre än somliga andra.

• @MrEcks said in Hi guys, new Antergos user from Sweden here !:

Välkommen till Antergos, även om Akismet är som den är när man är ny. Du fick ett par “likes” av mig då det förbättrar ditt rykte, vilket gör att du slipper problem i forumet.

Jag hoppas du kommer att trivas. Forumet är bra, och tonen betydligt bättre än somliga andra.

Tack så hjärtligt ! 👍🏻 ☺
    Ja, det var verkligen frustrerande. Verkar vara ett aktivt forum…känns bra att vara här.

• Again thnx for the warm welcome guys, really appreciate ! ☺

• @mraz Du har också några LIKES från mig ✌

• @mraz
    Mycket fint att se nordiska färgerna här också! Välkommen!

• @joekamprad said in Hi guys, new Antergos user from Sweden here !:

@mraz Du har också några LIKES från mig ✌

@manuel said in Hi guys, new Antergos user from Sweden here !:

@mraz
    Mycket fint att se nordiska färgerna här också! Välkommen!

😀 😀 😀 …det är ju helt underbart !!

Thnx alot guys ! 😍 👍

guys6 sweden1 Posts 11Views 107
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.