• Unable to mount USB storage devices

I have 3 flash drives. At least one of them is formatted to FAT32 (I know this because I used it yesterday on a Mac). The other two are probably ext3.

None of them are working today. Can’t mount them. I mean <code>df -h</code> reveals nothing. Same for <code>lsusb</code>.

It’s acting like the USB ports are fried. But that can’t be the case because I just scanned a bunch of photos from my flatbed scanner via the USB port and that worked beautifully.

I’m going to test out some other USB devices: keyboard, hard drive, etc. But I’m lost here.

• I have 3 flash drives. At least one of them is formatted to FAT32 (I know this because I used it yesterday on a Mac). The other two are probably ext3.

None of them are working today. Can’t mount them. I mean <code>df -h</code> reveals nothing. Same for <code>lsusb</code>.

It’s acting like the USB ports are fried. But that can’t be the case because I just scanned a bunch of photos from my flatbed scanner via the USB port and that worked beautifully.

I’m going to test out some other USB devices: keyboard, hard drive, etc. But I’m lost here.

• Okay, it gets weirder.

USB keyboard: works
    USB mouse: works
    USB gamepad: works
    USB harddrive: works
    USB flash drive: nada

But when I plug in my 4-port USB hub, BAM! USB flash drives work. WTF?!

• Hi,

That’s weird. Did you update the kernel recently? Forgot to reboot afterwards?

What I don’t understand is why they’re working when you plug them in the hub… ¿?

Please, post here the result of the command dmesg (run it in a terminal) after you plug in one of them.

Cheers!

Posts 4Views 1882
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.