• Unable to mount USB storage devices

I have 3 flash drives. At least one of them is formatted to FAT32 (I know this because I used it yesterday on a Mac). The other two are probably ext3.

None of them are working today. Can’t mount them. I mean <code>df -h</code> reveals nothing. Same for <code>lsusb</code>.

It’s acting like the USB ports are fried. But that can’t be the case because I just scanned a bunch of photos from my flatbed scanner via the USB port and that worked beautifully.

I’m going to test out some other USB devices: keyboard, hard drive, etc. But I’m lost here.

• I have 3 flash drives. At least one of them is formatted to FAT32 (I know this because I used it yesterday on a Mac). The other two are probably ext3.

None of them are working today. Can’t mount them. I mean <code>df -h</code> reveals nothing. Same for <code>lsusb</code>.

It’s acting like the USB ports are fried. But that can’t be the case because I just scanned a bunch of photos from my flatbed scanner via the USB port and that worked beautifully.

I’m going to test out some other USB devices: keyboard, hard drive, etc. But I’m lost here.

• Okay, it gets weirder.

USB keyboard: works
    USB mouse: works
    USB gamepad: works
    USB harddrive: works
    USB flash drive: nada

But when I plug in my 4-port USB hub, BAM! USB flash drives work. WTF?!

• Hi,

That’s weird. Did you update the kernel recently? Forgot to reboot afterwards?

What I don’t understand is why they’re working when you plug them in the hub… ¿?

Please, post here the result of the command dmesg (run it in a terminal) after you plug in one of them.

Cheers!

Posts 4Views 1421