• Looking for extundelete geek

Hello everybody, after an update I lost all my personal files. I tried extundelete to recover them. The partition is NOT mounted, a condition for extundelete to work. The output I get is this:

NOTICE: Extended attributes are not restored.
    Loading filesystem metadata ... 1833 groups loaded.
    Loading journal descriptors ... 32398 descriptors loaded.
    Searching for recoverable inodes in directory / ... 
    48429 recoverable inodes found.
    Looking through the directory structure for deleted files ... 
    Failed to restore inode 4854529 to file RECOVERED_FILES/usr/share/licenses/lua52/LICENSE:Could not open output file.
    Failed to restore inode 3155320 to file RECOVERED_FILES/usr/share/xsessions/gnome-xorg.desktop:Could not open output file.
    Failed to restore inode 3155321 to file RECOVERED_FILES/usr/share/xsessions/gnome.desktop:Could not open output file.
    Failed to restore inode 3151079 to file RECOVERED_FILES/usr/share/xsessions/gnome-classic.desktop:Could not open output file.
    extundelete: Not a directory while creating directory RECOVERED_FILES/usr/lib/firefox/browser
    extundelete: Not a directory while creating directory RECOVERED_FILES/usr/lib/firefox/browser
    extundelete: Not a directory while creating directory RECOVERED_FILES/usr/lib/firefox/defaults
    extundelete: Not a directory while creating directory RECOVERED_FILES/usr/lib/firefox/defaults
    extundelete: Not a directory while creating directory RECOVERED_FILES/usr/lib/firefox/fonts
    extundelete: Not a directory while creating directory RECOVERED_FILES/usr/lib/firefox/gmp-clearkey
    Failed to restore inode 3282498 to file RECOVERED_FILES/usr/lib/firefox/libmozavcodec.so:Could not open output file.
    Failed to restore inode 3282499 to file RECOVERED_FILES/usr/lib/firefox/libmozavutil.so:Could not open output file.
    Failed to restore inode 3282500 to file RECOVERED_FILES/usr/lib/firefox/libmozgtk.so:Could not open output file.
    Failed to restore inode 3282501 to file RECOVERED_FILES/usr/lib/firefox/libmozsandbox.so:Could not open output file.
    Failed to restore inode 3282502 to file RECOVERED_FILES/usr/lib/firefox/libxul.so:Could not open output file.
    extundelete: Not a directory while creating directory RECOVERED_FILES/lost+found/res/si4713
    Failed to restore inode 4718950 to file RECOVERED_FILES/lost+found/res/tea575x.ko.xz:Could not open output file.
    Failed to restore inode 4718951 to file RECOVERED_FILES/lost+found/res/tef6862.ko.xz:Could not open output file.
    extundelete: Not a directory while creating directory RECOVERED_FILES/lost+found/res/wl128x
    212 recoverable inodes still lost.

Before I completely give up, does any of you who may be more experienced see what could be done differently to be more successful? Thx very much for your kind help.

• it is gambling if you already write to the disk or do some reboots using the system after deleting the files…

http://extundelete.sourceforge.net/options.html

• You are right - I have rebooted since so I give up. Thx anyway.

extundelete1 geek1 Posts 3Views 52
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.