• No spell check spell check and Hebrew spell checker.

Hi,

I just installed Antegros with GNOME and it works great except for that I do not have spell checking in any applications (except for Chromium which has it’s own. Nothing happens when I try to spell check manually, and there’s no squiggly red line under misspelled words. Also, there’s a Hebrew spell checker installed, hspell, which cant be removed. When I try I get: Failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies).

• Hi,

I just installed Antegros with GNOME and it works great except for that I do not have spell checking in any applications (except for Chromium which has it’s own. Nothing happens when I try to spell check manually, and there’s no squiggly red line under misspelled words. Also, there’s a Hebrew spell checker installed, hspell, which cant be removed. When I try I get: Failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies).

• Hi,

What is your system locale set to?

Best Regards,

• @“lots.0.logs”:24p4pkcm said:

Hi,

What is your system locale set to?

Best Regards,[/quote:24p4pkcm]

My /etc/localce.conf contains:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
    LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8

• Hi,

Make sure you have these packages installed:

sudo pacman -S --needed gtkspell gtkspell3 hunspell

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:1l4kddnb said:

Hi,

Make sure you have these packages installed:

sudo pacman -S --needed gtkspell gtkspell3 hunspell

Cheers![/quote:1l4kddnb]

Thanks. They were all installed but after I resinstalled them spell check started working. Go figure. All is well!

But what about the Hebrew spell checker I can’t uninstall? I’m just curious why it got installed in the first place.

• Its required by one of the other spell-check packages. I’m not sure why though

Best Regards,

Posts 7Views 1616
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.