• Flatpak profile.d error

Hi, folks,

For the flatpak package that was published today, I encountered a problem after a reboot - no matter what DE I’m using (I use Gnome but have XFCE installed as a fallback), it immediately logged out. Switching to console (Ctrl-Alt-F2) allowed me to log in. Checking .xsession-errors, I saw this:

/etc/profile.d/flatpak.sh: line 12: syntax error near unexpected token `('
    /etc/profile.d/flatpak.sh: line 12: `done < <(echo "${XDG_DATA_HOME:-"$HOME/.local/share"}/flatpak"; flatpak --installations)'

I was able to get it working by removing the flatpak package (sudo pacman -R flatpak). This isn’t a problem for me because I don’t actually use flatpak, but could be a problem for people who actually need the package.

Workaround in one form, for those who may not know their way around Linux/command line:

• CTRL-ALT-F2 (this will switch to a text console, tty2)
    • log in. your password will be invisible, and you won’t see dummy characters. this is normal. trust you’re tying it correctly
    • sudo pacman -R flatpak
    • reboot

(you can also restart your login manager, if you know what it is, instead of rebooting. the command for that is “sudo systemctl restart {login manager}”. I use lightdm, for example, and it’s “sudo systemctl restart lightdm”)

(EDIT: Console command correction :) )

EDIT ---- The repackage released Jan 16 fixed the glitch. I was able to reinstall Flatpak and confirmed by rebooting that the issue is no longer present.

• @TaraF

Hi,

I have the same issue.

I’m not ‘using’ flatpak, but it IS installed

sudo pacman -U flatpak gives following error:

error: ‘flatpak’ : could not find or read package

Help!

• @keithy My bad… I typed U, but it’s R.

sudo pacman -R flatpak

:)

• Thanks,

I should have known that too. but I’ve been staring at logs for the last hour :)

• There was an issue on Github recently and they issued a fix for that. For those of you who wants to use it immediately, can replace their

/etc/profile.d/flatpak.sh

with the file in this commit.
    I tried it and it did not crash at login with this.

error328 flatpak3 profile.d1 Posts 5Views 148
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.