• Installation fails. :(

It will. I just tried installing Mate on the Cinnamon install I’m using while I wait and got:

mate-panel-1.20.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.servercentral.com : Maximum file size exceeded

from each mirror.

I noticed on the build server status page that @joekamprad linked that mate-panel (and four others) are listed as “Review status pending” and that, if I’m reading it correctly, these packages have been built and “skipped” several times in the last few days. Would it be possible for an explanation of what exactly that means for those of us that are ignorant of this entire process – for educational purposes if nothing else?

• @grenouille
    Yes, that’s what I receive also. Package mate-panel is currently the problem.

• Is Mate currently the only DE that cannot be installed?

At least Xfce can be installed. Haven’t tried others.

• Cinnamon and Gnome work. May try the others later.

• @grenouille said in Installation fails. :(:

I noticed on the build server status page that @joekamprad linked that mate-panel (and four others) are listed as “Review status pending” and that, if I’m reading it correctly, these packages have been built and “skipped” several times in the last few days. Would it be possible for an explanation of what exactly that means for those of us that are ignorant of this entire process – for educational purposes if nothing else?

@developers could do that.

If a package has a change on the PKGBUILD maintained here: https://github.com/Antergos/antergos-packages
    This new PKGBUILDS going to the buildserver queue, after builds succeeded the packages will be uploaded to the mirrors…
    At the moment it looks like there is a problem on the buildserver preventing them from passing the process…

• @joekamprad

Well, that’s more than I knew before – thanks for that.

Guess I also need to learn patience…

• I’m currently testing KDE install… will report here soon.
    OK, KDE installed fine.

• @Manuel: But I really don’t want Xfce but Mate. This was mainly a test of Antergos and it passed with flying colours. I know Xfce so there’s not much to gain for my knowledge when installing Antergos wit Xfce.

@ Robgriff: Thx for letting me know. You know only if Mate works I will take Antergos into consideration as main production environment. Much too happy on Namib GNU/Linux to swap that easily.

• @orca said in Installation fails. :(:

Namib GNU/Linux

is a one-man show ;)

• It works again! I just successfully installed it from the 19.1 iso on some extra bare metal. I’ll see if it works properly in the morning as it’s way past my bedtime.

Thanks @developers and everyone else involved.

• @joekamprad Yes, a one-man show and it showed when frederic2ec had to write homework for high school. 2 or 3 weeks with no updates was nerve wracking. :o But at least he has a wonderfully implemented Mate among other Ds and keeps very close to upstream. Much better than Manjaro. I expect similar from Antergos as well.

• When the live iso boots up Just wait until the the cnchi pops up, close it and go to terminal and update it manually because I’ve noticed sometimes it automatically updates cnchi and sometimes not. And don’t select to sort mirrors (which says recommended), just go with second option the default mirrorlist. Try do share your feedback.

• cnchi was getting improvements recently as it looks like…

• \o/ Success! \o/
    Just installed Mate. No problems! Thanks for all the help, you guys. Wanna see how it looks in action on my slowest test machine?
    https://orcaflotta.blog/2019/01/20/more-antergos/

xoxo

installation321 fails50 Posts 34Views 828
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.