• Unable to Install

I am trying to install antergos but i cant seem to get the GUI up.
    My system’s display switches off around the time xserver is supposed to start.
    If i boot it with nomodeset, the display is on but still its a blank screen.
    Basically i think xserver is having issues starting.
    Alt+F2…F6 dont work.

I am able to boot into terminal by using systemd.unit=multi-user.target
    If i start lightdm through that I get the same result. Blank screen and i am unable to use Alt+F2…F6 so I am unable to see the logs.
    Is there any command line installer available?

• I am trying to install antergos but i cant seem to get the GUI up.
    My system’s display switches off around the time xserver is supposed to start.
    If i boot it with nomodeset, the display is on but still its a blank screen.
    Basically i think xserver is having issues starting.
    Alt+F2…F6 dont work.

I am able to boot into terminal by using systemd.unit=multi-user.target
    If i start lightdm through that I get the same result. Blank screen and i am unable to use Alt+F2…F6 so I am unable to see the logs.
    Is there any command line installer available?

• THe command line installer can be accessed by booting with the systemd.unit=multi-user.target kernel command. Login as root and then run “/arch/setup”

Best Regards,

• About black screen - This is not an issue here, but good friend of mine try to install Antergos on his laptop (pretty new Asus, i guess…). After live image was loaded (grub options set) screens go dark. Waiting didn’t bring any results. So he start to live boot Ubuntu, Mint, Manjaro and few others distros. Several times he hit the same problem, several times he was able to install system, but there was black screen after reboot. Few hours later he find out, that hardware display brightness was set to 0 (“fixed” after pressing of fn+some button few times). Bummer.

Anyway, this is obviously not an issue here. You are getting 404 error. Are you connected to the network? If You have newest iso, you should be connected automatically.
    If you are connected, try to execute “sudo pacman -Syyu” before installing anything else. This will update packages list and download newest versions.

Posts 5Views 1382