• kde-openbox messed up my system

Hi,
    I wanted to install openbox to test something. Plasma is my main desktop environment.

After logging out of openbox I saw that there is a kde-openbox session too. So I tried that. Big mistake.

kde-openbox totally messed up my regular plasma-desktop. The two main problems:

• after logging out and in again, always a Numix-Icon-Theme is used, no matter what I select in system settings
    • in dolphin I have to use double-click, no matter what I set up in system-settings

So before using a backup (I did quite some work after the last backup) I would like to know if someone here knows how to revert the changes that were made by the kde-openbox session.

By the way, this definitely is a bug. On opensuse, which I used before, kde and kde-openbox could be used on the same system for the same user.

The strangest thing: I thought that this was some config-problem in my home-dir. So I added a new user, and even though openbox was uninstalled again, the problems were the same with the new user.

Thanks for your help,

Andreas

• I can answer my own question. Sorry for asking, but I was already pondering several hours …

the package qt5ct is included in the openbox-metapackage. This is not compatible with kde !!!

When uninstalling openbox, I thougt that qt5ct was part of kde anyway, so I didn’t uninstall it.

But: kde-openbox cannot be used together with “normal” plasma!

• Solved ?2019-01-11-161108_787x117_scrot.png

• @goeba said in kde-openbox messed up my system:

the package qt5ct is included in the openbox-metapackage. This is not compatible with kde !!!

yes ;)

system132 messed5 kde-openbox1 Posts 4Views 50
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.