• stuck at the "Partition" bit of the install procedure...

@Finrod you are welcome!

and sure you can shrink from Antergos-LIVE-ISO, will need to reboot the live system after shrinking, to make the changes available to the installer. So I would say it is faster to do both from windows boot…

• ok, here again with a new profile as there was no way to get in with the old one… I’ll probably have to create a 3rd next time I’ll log etc. ;-)
    Now, after the defrag and the shrinking of the partition from Windows (and again with gparted, as Window allowed me only half of the space and I want more, as 99% of the time I’ll use this machine with Linux) I went through the installer phases without problems.
    Installation finished and rebooted… since then it always boots into Windows :-(
    I’ve set Windows last on the boot order, but no change, it always boots into that, well unless there’s the live connected to usb of course :-(
    Leaving for a meeting, I’ll read eventual replies later this night.
    Thanks!

• Do you get a boot menu ?
    Or do it boot straight to windows?
    Looks like grub bootloader is not installed right…

• hi,
    This time I can’t log in with Finrod2 but with this account…
    No, straight into Windows :-(
    Should I start again all the install process or there’s a way to reinstall grub only?
    Uff…

• thanks! Having a look at the link… :-)

• followed the instructions, but it still doesn’t work, it just boots into Windows whatever I try…
    Tried to disable the AMD Platform Security Processor, then reactivated… tired uefi first, legacy first… it’s always the same :-(

I’m actually wondering about giving up, and keeping the laptop as Antergos (or Windows…) only as I need the machine in working order :-(

• you do have sda1 mounted on /boot/efi on installation of Antergos?
    and try reinstalling grub gives any error messages from chroot?

• Yes to the first question.
    I did get lots of “warnings” (but after the grub-mkconfig… command, the grub-install… bit was more uneventful) but they seemed about sdb or sda partitions where windows is (but I admit I didn’t look that carefully).
    Also I skipped this command:

mount /dev/sdXn /mnt/boot

because I assumed I don’t have any extra /boot partition, right?

As always, many thanks (and if you don’t see the like “heart” it’s just because on this forum I’m struggling also with that).

stuck45 partition41 procedure1 Posts 29Views 219
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.