• Pixelated screen after booting from grub but before lightdm

Do not forget the "at the end"

• @robgriff444 No change to line six aside from amd_iommu=on directly after quiet with a space in between (GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet amd_iommu=on)

And yes I did run mkconfig.

Choosing regular boot option from Grub still gives me the pixelated lightdm but luckily choosing LTS Kernal - Fallback is still working.

• @judd ? are you saying amd_iommu has to be at the end of the line in order to work?

• @Janxinz said in Pixelated screen after booting from grub but before lightdm:

(GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet amd_iommu=on

Missing double quote after … on "

• @judd Does it matter that the double quote comes after the resume=UUID=dac4d6b1-9d9a-4f1b-9cda-d7451c335339 or does it have to be after the amd line?

As is the line is typed as :

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet amd_iommu=on resume=UUID=dac4d6b1-9d9a-4f1b-9cda-d7451c335339”

• @robgriff444 said in Pixelated screen after booting from grub but before lightdm:

@judd ? are you saying amd_iommu has to be at the end of the line in order to work?

Yes, → GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet amd_iommu=on”

• @Janxinz said in Pixelated screen after booting from grub but before lightdm:

@judd Does it matter that the double quote comes after the resume=UUID=dac4d6b1-9d9a-4f1b-9cda-d7451c335339 or does it have to be after the amd line?

As is the line is typed as :

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet amd_iommu=on resume=UUID=dac4d6b1-9d9a-4f1b-9cda-d7451c335339”

Test both ways … there are times when you do it the first time, before and sometimes putting it at the end …

• @Janxinz Seems fine to me (ie " at the end of the whole line), I don’t think the order matters but there’s no harm in trying amd_iommu after the resume=UUID=d… option.

Also, have you tried using the downgrade package to go to the previous kernel (4.19) to see when the problem started? We would have more luck looking at bug reports.

• @judd Ok, will have to test after work. Thanks for the support. I will update in a few hours

• Hello,
    Did some messing around and couldnt get it to work but the update today seemed to correct everything. Im going to go ahead and mark this issue as solved.
    Thanks for all of your help everyone!

• @Janxinz so you can boot now without the extra kernel parameter?

• @joekamprad Yep regular boot sequence and no additional parameters. I still cant identify the root cause. I have never had issues with AMD on antergos. Thoughts?

• systemd?

• Yeah sure

New → systemd 240.34-3

lightdm137 grub126 booting54 pixelated1 Posts 35Views 377
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.