• Silent Shutdown

I running silent boot.

But i want to complete silent the shutdown :)

But stil got messages from reboot or shutdown… Watchdog is currently disabled, but see just stil logout messages?

• @ringo32
    In /etc/default/grub I have variable

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet loglevel=3"

and see almost nothing at boot or shutdown, compared to the default setting.

Or course, changing that file requires also

sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Which settings have you used?

• i got :

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="quiet loglevel=3 rd.systemd.show_status=auto rd.udev.log_priority=3 vga=current nmi_watchdog=0 nowatchdog"

and some stuf in sysctl and somestuf to silent the fsck …

using the ly tui , but stil got some bootmessages if i shutdown…

rd.systemd.show_status=auto becomes handy if your system is changes or whatever handy then it shows messages :)

• i see on boot nothing after grub… then ly show up thats good only reboot or shutdown, i see things that stopped… dont know why exact but will see even got blacklist things :)

• put watchdog back in :p but added splash seems some effect i guess…
    but i shutdown a service probably was that also a case

• Seems that kernel updates have quite much effect on what is shown at boot and shutdown.
    And for me, currently kernel 4.20 often causes about 2 minutes of unexpected wait at shutdown, kernel 4.19 does not do it. But that could be reversed at the next kernel updates…

• yeah dont know why probably is more systemd update ? recent i did go back to sddm myself before was more a ly tui from aur… would rater use lxdm but i dont know how it goes with systemd exactly since lxdm only in maintainance mode is, but basicly is death :)

will see how it goes further but i gues is more to systemd

• @ringo32
    Just as a reminder, you can always test any settings like another DM on a virtual machine. Then you don’t mess up your production system. :)

• those idont need so much :)

shutdown31 silent4 Posts 9Views 164
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.