• Linux 4.20 has arrived

@judd
    After your post I switched to the LTS kernel and your right, not that the latest kernel causes problems over here, but LTS is more fluid indeed.
    @ringo32
    A non-responsive keyboard could be another issue, compared to the other things you’ve mentioned, those have to do with perception, as you mentioned. But on the other hand, if you don’t feel like investigating and LTS works perfect, who can blame you? It is indeed the advantage of having two kernels installed.

• yeah can be a another issue too but i say is subjective can also be everything else i dont i dont blake latest kernel , what for here is not for there…

in LTS have it to bprobably is also lxqt seems was mixing with theme setting and happends again for a bit but on the other kernel came just quicker but as the update shows there was also a nouveau update so on that point …

cannot only be a kernel, but in the past my dongle hang up on a kernel version, dongle was linux compliand follows the box but still… you never know :) but thats with every kernel btw you never know :)

• @Bryanpwo

Nor do I have problems with an i7 to throw the kernel 4.20.6, it happens that LTS is somehow a purer kernel and not as much heavy patch as the Current, as well as they wanted to make it more secure and it was the opposite, among many others things that are doing with the bloated systemd …

• @judd

I think it also has to do with the spectre and meltdown patch Linux partially has implemented in it. The complete patch slowed down the kernel too much.

• @Bryanpwo said in Linux 4.20 has arrived:

@judd

I think it also has to do with the spectre and meltdown patch Linux partially has implemented in it. The complete patch slowed down the kernel too much.

Totally agree with you.
    https://security.archlinux.org/CVE-2017-5754

4.202 arrived1 Posts 45Views 885
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.