• Linux 4.20 has arrived

for linux 4.14 lts you better need the Aur linux-lts414 , official linux 4.14 end january 2020 but it could have also a prolonge life who knows, recently 4.9 prolonge there life… if you use from aur and need to build yeah i would look also to have ccache installed if you gona update regulary atleast not to long build time on second build ?
    ( for ccache see wiki)

:) mayby on arch unofficial repositories do have some older lts version…

• @ringo32
    Oh yes, that’s a better way to use 4.14 than downgrading, thanks!

• @manuel The idea was simply to boot into 4.14 kernel actually, that’s if you have several kernels as back-ups… I was however jumping the gun a bit here as I’ve only just realized I’ve, now, only 4.19LTS and 4.20 installed. My bad!

• @frenchconnection I think I will wait for the next kernel release then. The situation is a little bit better because of the help I have received from my other forum post. In distros like Manjaro, all LTS kernels are in the official repos while in Arch/Antergos they are found in the AUR. Thanks for reminding @ringo32 . If my problem still persists in the future, I will definitely try this 👍

• I to have found that my CPU is running 10 degrees cooler with 4.20

• @jefferyw
    That’s interesting, have to measure it here too.

4.202 arrived1 Posts 26Views 601
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.