• Kernel Panic after upgrade, space issue

Hi,

I have a kernel panic “not syncing - Requested init failed (error-13)” after pacman upgrade. After the update, I were to fast, it said root has wrong permissions 750 not 755, also it said something about .INSTALL two times. What should I do now, I never had experience with a kernel panic before. I have a backup from two days before, though, so I could just revert.

• Do know you which updates were performed? Maybe it’s easier to revert back to your backup and start looking at the updates, I know that the last two days, there weren’t really big and many updates for the core system, so it must be relatively easy to find the culprit.

• still no luck, after chrooting and pacman -Suy same error. I also have a bios from 2015, but this shouldn’t be bad? I think the problem is with Linux 2.4.20 – however, this time the kernel panic message was different. After trying init= it was the same as before. Trying to downgrade linux and nvidia no luck.

I found the culprit. Seems I am running out of space. However, I do not know where the problem is. I have only 51% used on root.

pacman.log:
    “running ‘90-linux.hook’…
    ==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux.preset: ‘default’
    -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-linux -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-linux.img
    /usr/lib/initcpio/functions: Row 692: printf: Write error: no space left on this device”

I have mounted boot and it says only 10% used. It also does not seem to be a inode problem. However, I am not sure if df works as intendet on a encrypted disk.

after downgrading nvidia, upgrading to linux 2.4.20 again and doing a “mkinitcpio -p linux” it boots again, yay. Thanks for your help!

• this is solved, cannot find how to mark it.

• @Popkultur it may uses /tmp (tmpfs) to build images?

it is easy to get into your installed Antergos by using arch-chroot from a live-ISO session…

kernel134 upgrade76 panic9 Posts 8Views 160
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.