• Antergos does not wake up

@Bryanpwo further to my earlier confirmation that the LTS kernel is now an option in the Advanced menu, I can report that it has not made a difference.

So, when I just leave the VM open and e.g. go onto Windows for some work, then return to Antergos after a while, it has changed into a smallish black square within the VM and there is no way I can get Antergos UI to show. I have to close down the VM and reboot.

• Okay, since I didn’t know you were working in a VM earlier, read my previous post, this coud be all VM related. The problem you’re encountering now will most likely not occur on an installation on your hardware.
    I don’t know how much space you’ve got left on your SDD/HDD, but try to install Antergos next to Windows, but read the wiki first.

• @Klaas-Vaak Perhaps do you use KDE Plasma 5 desktop? If so, i can tell you that i’ve already experienced something like this. In my opinion, the error in this case is related to the timing of the screen shutdown and the suspension. I haven’t even come to see how this can be overcome. I have not experienced this with XFCE, Cinnamon, Mate desktop environments.

• @Bryanpwo It cannot be VM related because I have 5 distros installed in virtualbox and none of them have this problem.
    The idea of having a distro ina VM is to see what the distro is like, get some experience with it before installing it on bare metal.

• @Klaas-Vaak
    I agree with you, but having read your other thread, there was also some tinkering on the vm. So it isn’t clear where the problem lies.

• @zoli62 My DE is Deepin.

• @Bryanpwo OK, it seems to me that we won’t be able to solve this issue.

wake9 Posts 28Views 387
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.