• Not the intro i was hoping for.. help needed :)

As per topic, plan was to introduce myself under normal circumstances, but nonetheless, hello :)

I have an issue (surprise!) but i’m also non… software…IT…whatever… savvy. I am however patient and i am thankful this is a free program; so no complaints here.
    So, in detail assuming this helps:

• Downloaded latest live image, made bootable USB with Rufus (also latest), chose ISO rather than DD, rebooted, went to BIOS, USB recognised as having a UEFI manager, so all good, forced boot from there; it loaded properly, but your loader gets stuck at its original splash screen; for ever.
    • Googled it up, found out about the quiet and splash parameters, deleted both, redid all the above.

Posting what it tells me word by word:

*ERROR: ‘/dev/disk/by-label/ANTERGOS/’ device did not show up after 30 seconds…
    Falling back to interactive prompt
    You can try to fix the problem manually, log out when you are finished

sh: can’t access tty; job control turned off
    [rootfs ]# [ 161.110601] pcieport 0000:00:02.0: PCIE Bus Error: severity=Corrected, type=Data Link Layer, (Receiver ID)

[ 161.110621] pcieport 0000:00:02.0: device [8086:6f04] error status/mask=00000080/00002000
    [ 161.110633] pcieport 0000:00:02.0: [ 7] BadDLLP*

My specs are:
    Gigabyte X99 Designare EX (board has no doubling lane chips)
    i9 6900K, all 8 cores active
    4x8gigs B-Die Samsung sticks running manually interleaved
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB, 2280 form factor (edit: the disk sits on an adapter card, which is in turn sitting on a PCIe slot that is non-PCH related, ie feeds straight to the CPU)
    GTX 1080
    Sound Blaster ZXR

Any help would be appreciated.
    And thank you for reading.

• take etcher to burn iso to usb…

• @joekamprad said in Not the intro i was hoping for.. help needed :):

take etcher to burn iso to usb…

Thanks joe, will give that a try instead.

• and may choose DVD/CD option on bootmenu (also if it is usb media) seem to be a workaround on some systems…

https://antergos.com/wiki/install/installing-antergos-2/

• Solved!

Thanks a mil Joe :)
    I cannot type the three-letter abbreviation for a certain optical media format, as your site considers it a spam attack…?.., but that did the trick alright!
    Am now installing!

Hopefully i’m doing it right, going for a custom 600Megs FAT32 EFI-Boot and all the rest of my disk as an ext4, designated simply ‘/’, which i am hoping will be enough for ‘Root’?*
    Left the default selection of Grub2, as it appears it will be of use in the future.

• yeah, i know… first time on a bicycle and i had to choose cystom… say nothing, really.

(hopefully [part ii], Google shall provide the rest and i won’t get to annoy you folks any more than i actually have to)

Much obliged yet again and merry Xmas/happy new year to you all :)

• Don’t apoligize for needing help, that’s the purpose of the forum and everybody over here is happy to help you. I also liked your post, so you won’t have the spam problem on the forum again, it’s a protective mechanism in the forum the devs put in there.

• Thank you very much Bryan, appreciate it :)

(am typing this from Antergos btw^^ )

Incidentally, most stuff i Googled for link to posts within this forum, so thus far at least, it has been O.K.
    Am actually surprised, it’s… easier than i thought it would be; mostly just different.

Famous last words huh!

• @Aenra said in Not the intro i was hoping for.. help needed :):

mostly just different.

nice one!

• @Aenra These open source systems require a little more thinking than a Windows or MacOs, but they work. :)

needed12 intro3 hoping1 for1 Posts 9Views 273
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.