• How to move Grouped Window List applet to left of panel?

Hi,

When I switch from the (default) Window List applet to the Grouped Window List , the icons are moved to the right of the panel and are placed next to the System Tray. I would like to keep the icons close to the Menu button, similar to where Window List places the icons. How can I do this? I am using the Cinnamon desktop.

Thanks & Regards,
    Lila Boc Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolate

• what DE?

• @joekamprad Cinnamon. Hmm, I love that flavor.

• Ceylon cinnamon is often referred to as the real or original cinnamon.
    In contrast to cassia cinnamon, it contains hardly no coumarin, which makes it harmless.
    It is grown mainly in Sri Lanka and southern India.

Better take Ceylon Cinnamon! ✌

For the real issue i do not have a clue…
    What about all the Antergos Cinnamon lovers out here at the forum?

• @lilaboc I think I understand your issue and have a pretty simple solution for you.

• Simply open up any window such that you can drag its panel icon (example: nemo).
    • Right click the panel/task bar and toggle Panel edit mode ON. (this can also be accessed via System Settings -> Panel -> Panel edit mode)
    • Now drag the icon of the opened window on the panel to the correct position. (there are three possible positions: left, center, right)
    • Right click the panel/task bar and toggle Panel edit mode OFF. (this can also be accessed via System Settings -> Panel -> Panel edit mode)

I hope this helped 😁

• @sora Hurray, it works.

For other users wanting to do the same thing, please note that you have to drag the icon to the correct position; otherwise, the icon will spring back to the original position.

In my case, I have the Start Menu on the extreme left, followed by several Pinned icons. When I dragged the Grouped Window List and dropped it just to the right of the Pinned icons, it sprang back to its original position, on the right side of the panel. But when I dropped it over the Pinned icons, the Grouped Window List settled on the left panel, next to the Pinned icons.

@sora Thank you for your instructions. Happy New Year!

window15 move10 applet8 grouped1 Posts 6Views 253
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.