• After Fresh installation there is no sound from subwoofer

@joekamprad
    0_1546021285873_Screenshot from 2018-12-28 20-20-56.png

• @dreamtraveler so all is working as it should do now?

• @joekamprad nope still no sound.

• @joekamprad maybe its cause i use only 1 green cable for my 2.1 that is causing the problem? front left & front right speakers are hooked up in my subwoofer and one green cable goes from my subwoofer to my sound card’s green input?

• 0_1546028907846_Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-12-28 21-28-16.png
    alsamixer showed 5 Channels: Front Surround Center LFE Side so 4.1 and as far as i know you will need to connect all speakers directly to the outputs of your soundcard, or you will need to have a digital output adapter to the soundsystem…

• @joekamprad too bad i dont have that kind of problem in windows 10

• @joekamprad after following this link in ubuntuforums i have no sound at all… would you do a teamviewer sessions with me? cause i am about to format again my drive…

• reset to what it was before…

sudo nano /etc/pulse/daemon.conf

change back default-sample-channels = 6 to ; default-sample-channels = 2

save [Ctrl+X]

sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

sudo nano /etc/pulse/default.pa

remove what you have set into it…

and may alsa-info script can give some info:

wget http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh && sh alsa-info.sh

• @joekamprad actually i resat my hard disk… back to windows till i get my new ssd that has no problem with acronis true image to back up my ext4 file system.

• this Realtek audio chip is known to do not work without some hacking, it needs remapping and configuration on Linux or another kernel, may LTS is working.

Under Windows they provide a Driver with patches and hacks to make it work nicely…

• @joekamprad said in After Fresh installation there is no sound from subwoofer:

reset to what it was before…

sudo nano /etc/pulse/daemon.conf

change back default-sample-channels = 6 to ; default-sample-channels = 2

save [Ctrl+X]

sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

sudo nano /etc/pulse/default.pa

remove what you have set into it…

and may alsa-info script can give some info:

wget http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh && sh alsa-info.sh

So right now i am installing antergos again to give it a go, i dont have an “/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf” to begin with are you sure i need to create this file with just one line in it?

installation326 sound62 fresh43 subwoofer3 Posts 34Views 310
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.