• Empty top panel after installing of antergos-mate-meta group

I also got this old error with the Mate panel. I followed all the suggestions above, but none of them helped. The problem persisted, the top panel was empty. Later I managed to hide it somehow, so I could no longer make it visible. For the time being, I’ve removed the entire mate group along with the package dependencies. It has already reached a half success.
    However, I look forward to further ideas on how to resolve this issue, in case I try to install the Mate desktop next time.

• i will do a MATE install in VM to see what could be wrong with…

• @joekamprad Nowadays, I’m testing in a sharp environment, not on a virtual machine. :)

• The problem was resolved because it turned out that I accidentally installed the mate and mate-extra packages. After installing the antergos-mate-meta package, I still needed the mate-tweak, and then I managed to put the top panel back in place.

• @zoli62 said in Empty top panel after installing of antergos-mate-meta group:

mate-tweak

that’ s good to hear… i can see also some Mate packages are a bit outdated at Antergos Repo…
    I will have a look into it…

• @joekamprad Why is it that there are parallelly two different package groups in the Antergos repository for a particular desktop environment?

• @zoli62 said in Empty top panel after installing of antergos-mate-meta group:

@joekamprad Why is it that there are parallelly two different package groups in the Antergos repository for a particular desktop environment?

mate and mate-extra are package groups from Archlinux Repository, Antergos provides Antergos style meta package antergos-mate-meta

• @joekamprad I knew that. So are there such big differences between the two repository for the fine-tuning of the packages?

installing130 panel37 top15 empty15 Posts 8Views 200
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.