• Antergos Boots to GRUB After Successful Install

I (successfully?) installed Antergos with Grub2 and used automatic partitioning on my SSD. It booted successfully to the Grub command line.

I’m assuming that it should boot up to a visual interface.

What should I do?
    Thanks in advance.

• @aiyan Did yo use ZFS? There are a few issues (I tried ZFS and it showed an error about importing the pool so if so read the message which tells you what to do, it worked for me) but anything else:

https://antergos.com/wiki/miscellaneous/zfs-under-antergos/

If not, yes you’re right it should auto-start your DE. I installed on SSD about a week ago (KDE) and it worked perfectly. Which DE are you using?

• @robgriff444 Thank you for the quick response. I used Antergos’s automatic partitioning after I manually deleted all my previous partitions.

I ticked “use LVM” and “separate /home” and I believe it created the AntergosVG-home, AntergosVG-root, and AntergosVG-swap.

Since I have UEFI, I believe it also created an EFI partition in the SSD.

I’m using XFCE as my DE. Thanks for the help.

• I managed to solve my problem by not using Logical Volumes. I left the box “Separate into LVM” unchecked and it worked.

• I ‘guess’ it was the LVM setup coz I also have EFI and I used the auto setup with a separate /home partition.

• I can confirm the same behavior when LVM is checked. At the end of the installation there is a popup

IMPORTANT: There may have been a problem with the bootloader installation which could prevent your system from booting properly. Before rebooting, you may want to verify whether or not the bootloader is installed and configured.

and bla bla info about GRUB Arch Wiki.

After reboot fresh lands in GRUB.

ISO 19.1, downloaded today.

grub123 boots13 successful5 Posts 7Views 315
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.