• \[Script\] Automated Installation of Catalyst Drivers

Hey everyone, new to the community here. I thought I would give somthing back.

[b:k31z5w7r]What does this script do exactly?[/b:k31z5w7r]
    1. Adds the xorg115 and catalyst repos to /etc/pacman.conf
    2. Enables the multilib repo
    3. Updates the database and imports the key for catalyst repos
    4. Downgrades xorg and related dependencies
    5. Removes open source ATI drivers
    6. Installs all catalyst packages and dependencies 32bit and 64bit (including QT4)
    7. Enables services in systemd
    8. Uses amdconfig --initial to configure xorg.

Download the Script here: [url:k31z5w7r]http://www.mediafire.com/download/emayl162i2oi5gw/installCatalyst[/url:k31z5w7r]

Run with the following command, and follow the prompts.

sudo ./InstallCatalyst

There is very little error checking, this script assumes the user is capable of picking up on errors, and can solve problems that arise.

Cheers,

DH4

• Hey everyone, new to the community here. I thought I would give somthing back.

[b:k31z5w7r]What does this script do exactly?[/b:k31z5w7r]
    6. Installs all catalyst packages and dependencies 32bit and 64bit (including QT4)

Download the Script here: [url:k31z5w7r]http://www.mediafire.com/download/emayl162i2oi5gw/installCatalyst[/url:k31z5w7r]

sudo ./InstallCatalyst

There is very little error checking, this script assumes the user is capable of picking up on errors, and can solve problems that arise.

Cheers,

DH4

• You are awesome! Thanks!

I have to check it out ^_^

I bet there are at least few Antergos users, that will make use of it. Did You think about future development of this script? Maybe, if it will be stable and error-proof enough, it will be used by Antergos devs somewhere?

Subscribing & bookmarking this topic.

• i havent tried the script and already have mine installed but a great idea for new users. could be very handy.

• Right now the script assumes certain variables are true. It assumes latest version requires xorg 1.15, which will be false at some point in the future. I would like to automate that dependency check at some point. So it will always check to see what version of xorg is required and add the correct repo. I will also need to add 32-bit compatibility. I may also make a script for the legacy drivers as well. Who knows I may even build a GUI version (something similar to the way Ubuntu does it).

• I’ve run the script, it installed successfully but when I run amdcccle, i get the error:

(amdcccle:1212): Gtk-ERROR **: GTK+ 2.x symbols detected. Using GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3 in the same process is not supported

and it doesn’t start. I’m in Gnome btw if that males a difference.

@“TeODH4”:2vwczkz0 said:

Hey everyone, new to the community here. I thought I would give somthing back.

[b:2vwczkz0]What does this script do exactly?[/b:2vwczkz0]

Download the Script here: [url:2vwczkz0]http://www.mediafire.com/download/emayl162i2oi5gw/installCatalyst[/url:2vwczkz0]

sudo ./InstallCatalyst

Cheers,

DH4[/quote:2vwczkz0]

"An it harm none, do what thou wilt"

• I have the same issue, but running as root solves the problem for some reason. Not exactly sure why. Obviously a GTK mismatch, but works fine under root. I have heard of this being a common issue under Gnome. I have not tried with other DEs though.

sudo amdcccle

• @“TeODH4”:35myl39v said:

I have the same issue, but running as root solves the problem for some reason. Not exactly sure why. Obviously a GTK mismatch, but works fine under root. I have heard of this being a common issue under Gnome. I have not tried with other DEs though.

sudo amdcccle

ok thanks.

• I am currently using an XFX HD 7750, and have an issue with random screen “flickering” (the best way to describe it). There seams to be absolutely no pattern to it (and random timing). Some times when I’m paying attention I can actually see the part that flashed is another application or my wallpaper. Like part of the application was not drawn for half a second. some times its the whole screen. Sometimes its just a little triangle in a random location on the screen. It doesn’t happen too often but can be annoying in games, and watching videos. Does anyone else experience issues like this? I have not tested on a different DE. I might try KDE and see if it makes a difference. This is the first time I have ever used the catalyst drivers on linux. I’ve always used the opensource drivers in most other distros. But I decided I would get into gaming a bit more, and decided to test out the catalyst drivers.

If there is something I’m missing here, I’ll definitely add it to the script

I am still very new to Arch and Antergos. Maybe this is just one of the issues we have to deal with being so bleeding edge? I know AMD has done a horrible job keeping their drivers updated. Let alone the poor 2D performance. It may be about time to switch my main rig over to an nVidia card.

• @“Pednick”:1qgfx6ys said:

@“TeODH4”:1qgfx6ys said:

I have the same issue, but running as root solves the problem for some reason. Not exactly sure why. Obviously a GTK mismatch, but works fine under root. I have heard of this being a common issue under Gnome. I have not tried with other DEs though.

sudo amdcccle

ok thanks.[/quote:1qgfx6ys]

I’ve found that under gnome it is pretty much required to use the tear free setting in the control center (forces vsync). Without it, the amount of tearing on my card is ridiculous. Tearing on a desktop just drives me insane.

• @“TeODH4”:1tkwa103 said:

@“Pednick”:1tkwa103 said:

@“TeODH4”:1tkwa103 said:

sudo amdcccle

ok thanks.[/quote:1tkwa103]

I’ve found that under gnome it is pretty much required to use the tear free setting in the control center (forces vsync). Without it, the amount of tearing on my card is ridiculous. Tearing on a desktop just drives me insane.[/quote:1tkwa103]

That’s the main reason I decided to install it cause the open source drivers(which I still prefer but can’t use because of this) were not playing nice with the XBMC default video player leaving tearing along the top of the screen and also like you said obvious video tearing if you don’t use the tear free setting in amdcccle for fglrx drivers.

• @“Pednick”:mi1k14t2 said:

That’s the main reason I decided to install it cause the open source drivers(which I still prefer but can’t use because of this) were not playing nice with the XBMC default video player leaving tearing along the top of the screen and also like you said obvious video tearing if you don’t use the tear free setting in amdcccle for fglrx drivers.[/quote:mi1k14t2]

Yeah, I had the same issues with opensource drivers. At least the Catalyst drivers make it usable for me. I just really wish i knew what cause the random glitches/flickering.

• I just noticed there is a “Community Contributions” forum. If a mod sees this, can you move it there?

• Just used this a few days ago to install the catalyst drivers for my HD 7950. Worked flawlessly. Only thing I’ve ran into is the same problem mentioned above where amdcccle won’t run unless you sudo it from the terminal, but I doubt that’s related to the script.

But hey, hopefully ATI steps up their open source radeon game and we won’t have to worry about these crazy catalyst drivers someday. Until then, this script is the best thing since pipes.sh.

• @“losershawn”:35ucffxj said:

Just used this a few days ago to install the catalyst drivers for my HD 7950. Worked flawlessly. Only thing I’ve ran into is the same problem mentioned above where amdcccle won’t run unless you sudo it from the terminal, but I doubt that’s related to the script.

But hey, hopefully ATI steps up their open source radeon game and we won’t have to worry about these crazy catalyst drivers someday. Until then, this script is the best thing since pipes.sh.[/quote:35ucffxj]

Actually I just switched back to the open source because I installed kodi-devel in AUR and the default video plays just fine now, which was my only problem before because everything else just worked fine with the open source drivers so I said good bye to catalyst again. It was only XBMC that had the problem nothing to do with the source drivers.

• So I was thinking about this the other day while I was looking at some work being done on the open source drivers with regard to fan control, and I’m wondering if we have any scripts around for automated installation of the radeon drivers as well? That’d be pretty handy, the ability to quickly flip between drivers depending on updates or whichever you just happen to want to test out at a given time.

• That may be the main reason When i thought we would do the installation cause the available resource drivers(which When i nonetheless favor but can not work with on account of this) are not participating in good with the XBMC default video clip gamer departing getting across the the top of display and as well as if you claimed apparent video clip getting if you don’t utilize rip free of charge location with amdcccle intended for fglrx individuals.

We are the [640-554 Exam Questions - Pass4sure - pass4sure.co.uk\/url:gbds…

Posts 17Views 6142