• Cannot login after fresh install

Hey,
    i bought a new notebook and faced some problems with the install. I run it in dualboot, having windows 10 installed before antergos. I tried installing antergos with i3 and gnome3, both with proprietary drivers for nvidia cards and without proprietary drivers. When i install with proprietary drivers, i get a blackscreen after grub. But i can switch to tty2, tty3 and so on.
    When i run without them i get the login-screen after grub, but when i try to login, the screen freezes. I have a black background and see the mouse, but cannot do anything. I cannot even change to tty2 or tty3 or something. I have no clue how to solve this problem.

It is a HP notebook with an i7 and an nvidia GTX1050Ti. Does anyone has some help for me?
    Thanks

• So i installed Antergos with proprietary drivers and gnome3, got into tty2 and uninstalled the drivers from there. After that i was able to boot and login for one time. I got an error while installing some software saying that another packagemanager is already running. After reboot, i was just where i startet. So after login the screen turned black and i could not do anything.
    I found out that i get some ACPI error while booting so i tried bootoption acpi=off. With that, i can login and have a normal screen, but my touchpad and notebooks keyboard arn’t working now. So i have to use external mouse and external keyboard. Also, i am not able to shutdown or reboot the pc normally. I get a message that the system was halted.
    So i have a bad working system by now, but it works some kind of.

So next i need to find out how to get my keyboard and mouse running, my system shutting down without problems and the packagemanager to work normally. Some suggestions?

• @jacko
    Is by any chance your laptop mentioned in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Laptop/HP page?

Using acpi=off may cause the symptoms you have, so something less drastic might help, maybe some other kernel parameters for your particular laptop model.

login131 fresh41 Posts 3Views 154
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.