TUTORIAL - NVIDIA OPTIMUS + VULKAN ON ANTERGOS
Here’s my fast tutorial on how to install Nvidia graphics Optimus + Prime on Antergos and keep it running ! If you dont need to use vulkan you can stop at the step 5 and stick with bumblebee…I myself do prefer to use optimus-manager and vulkan full power.
As some of you may know, antergos is my favorite distro, and ive3 been using it for long long time as my main system, but i feel like there 's the need of a tutorial basic and simple to config it so i will try to make it clear!
- When installing the system DO NEVER SELECT PROPRIETARY DRIVERS.
- After the system boots up we are going to install bumblebee and the proprietary drivers, install nvidia-installer from Antergos Repository using " sudo pacman -S nvidia-installer"
- Remove Xf86 video driver with pamac or any other like nouveau if its installed but DONT REBOOT YET!
- Run on terminal " sudo nvidia-installer -b , this will install the latest nvidia driver with bumblebee.
- Now you can reboot the system and can stop here if you dont need full power or vulkan.
- Now that we already have the latest nvidia driver installed and running we are going to remove bumeblee and install optimus-manager, go to pamac or pacman and remove bumblebee package only.
7)Open usr/share/x11 and remove any intel or nvidia conf file that you may find inside, do the same on the modprobe folder.
- Open etc/X11 and remove any intel or nvidia conf file you may find.
- Now that you removed any thing that could get in our way its time to install optimus-manager from aur, i do like using yay for aur packages, install it with whatever you may like, DONT REBOOT YET.
- Now you can start its service on terminal and start it!
sudo systemctl enable optimus-manager.service
sudo systemctl start optimus-manager.service
- Set nvidia as your default videocard, on terminal all you have to do is:
sudo optimus-manager --set-startup MODE
A big thanks to optimus manager script creator, and to Antergos distro devs that does a great job over there too!
This script does also works for any arch linux distro but this one is specifically to Antergos
Cheers up \o