• Mesa 18.3.1-1 seems to crash VMware workstation VM running Chromium

Odd problem here folks. I am running a Windows 10 host, VMware Workstation 15.1 and Antergos KDE.
    When mesa upgraded from 18.2.6-1 to 18.3.1-1, every time I run Chomium [Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) Arch Linux (64-bit)] and attempt to login to Gmail, when I attempt my password, the entire VM crashes. This happens on Falkon [Application version 3.0.1 QtWebEngine version 5.12.0] as well. Any thoughts?

I’m going to stay with Mesa 18.2.6-1 for the moment.

• using vmware video driverS?

• @cjbaghl
    I’m not very familiar with current vmware versions, but am using VirtualBox VM with all the latest updates so it works for me.
    So if it is possible for your to use VirtualBox instead, that might help, although it requires a reinstall of the Antergos VM to VirtualBox.

• but i think it has to do on some 3d acceleration ? switching of acceleration of in chromium try to disable in vmware config mayby it helps a bit to avoid crashing?

• Ringo,

You, my friend, are brilliant!
    VMware 3D graphics was the issue. Unchecking the option fixed the crash.

I looked further at the VMware documentation and discovered:
    Accelerate 3D graphics
    Select this setting if you run applications that use DirectX 9 or DirectX 10 accelerated graphics. Accelerated graphics capabilities apply to Windows XP or later guests on hosts running Windows or Linux.

The virtual machine must be a Workstation 6.x or later virtual machine and must have VMware Tools installed from Workstation 7.x or later.

So, checking the options provides not benefit for Linux guest.

crash27 vmware18 mesa11 18.3.1-11 Posts 6Views 95
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.