• Cannot browse network & SAMBA shares

After trying 23 different distro’s I was really impressed with Antergos until I found that I can’t browse my Windows workgroup or my SAMBA shares. I did a fresh install twice in order to convince myself that it was nothing that I did to cause this. I also installed another file manager with the same results. Can anyone enlighten me as to how to fix this problem. In the meantime I installed Manjaro which doesn’t have this problem. TIA

• An alternative solution (for less experienced users) is to install smb4k, which automatically mounts Samba drives as local directories.

• @joekamprad said in Cannot browse network & SAMBA shares:

https://antergos.com/wiki/desktops/gnome/sharing-files-and-folders-with-samba-definitive-guide/

Just for clarification; isn’t this guide dedicated to users who want to share files stored on their antergos computers?

• Have you looked at autofs I use it to mount nfs exported filesystems, for example on my raspberry pi. To auto mount a location simply navigate to /net/<networkname or ipaddress>/exportedfs

It does have auto smb mount capability.
    I haven’t used it to mount smb drives in a v.long time so cannot give you much advice in terms of setting up.
    /etc/autofs/auto.smb seems to have instructions on authentication.

samba36 shares6 browse2 Posts 5Views 158
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.