• still kde connect and pc can't see each other (previously they saw)

so, before ver 1.10 on play store i was using kde connect and it was i think most used app on my phone after protonmail poweramp and termux, that’s why i regret it so much it isn’t working, now from ver 1.10 and after recent update to 1.10.1 still they can’t see each other. recently i reinstalled system because of other reasons and yes i have firewall rules set allowing kde connect to work. i have latest updates on laptop and i do it everyday if there are any so now it is ver

$ kdeconnect-cli --version
    kdeconnect-cli 1.3.3

• Same problem here

• any firewall installed ?

kde wiki

• I have no firewall

• So i checked what firewall shows cuz it’s the first thing u can think of and as u can see there’s some problem with deamon even if I’m allowing it to work

So i turned it off and there’s no difference

Kde connect at this stage is just broken

That’s a shame

screenshots are here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lrxKWEEHFnS2D0jsb0rmTI0QtPbfVrmc

• @AstralMystic said in still kde connect and pc can't see each other (previously they saw):

kdeconnect

may journal give some hint:

journalctl -b -0 | grep kdeconnect

• @joekamprad

if u could help me i would really appreciate it because i’m not knowledgeable enough to do it myself…

[[email protected] ~]$ journalctl -b -0 | grep kdeconnect
    Dec 10 16:46:07 nes4p ksmserver[870]: org.kde.kf5.ksmserver: Starting autostart service “/etc/xdg/autostart/kdeconnectd.desktop” ("/usr/lib/kdeconnectd")
    Dec 10 16:46:07 nes4p kdeconnectd[929]: kdeconnect.core: KdeConnect daemon starting
    Dec 10 16:46:07 nes4p kdeconnectd[929]: kdeconnect.core: onStart
    Dec 10 16:46:07 nes4p kdeconnectd[929]: kdeconnect.core: KdeConnect daemon started
    Dec 10 16:46:07 nes4p kdeconnectd[929]: kdeconnect.core: Broadcasting identity packet
    Dec 10 16:46:07 nes4p kdeconnectd[929]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 148 (Unknown), sequence: 184, resource id: 0, major code: 140 (Unknown), minor code: 20
    Dec 10 16:46:10 nes4p kdeconnectd[929]: kdeconnect.core: Sending onNetworkChange to 1 LinkProviders
    Dec 10 16:46:10 nes4p kdeconnectd[929]: kdeconnect.core: Broadcasting identity packet
    Dec 10 16:50:26 nes4p kdeconnectd[929]: kdeconnect.core: Sending onNetworkChange to 1 LinkProviders
    Dec 10 16:50:26 nes4p kdeconnectd[929]: kdeconnect.core: Broadcasting identity packet
    Dec 10 16:54:34 nes4p kdeconnectd[929]: kdeconnect.core: Sending onNetworkChange to 1 LinkProviders
    Dec 10 16:54:34 nes4p kdeconnectd[929]: kdeconnect.core: Broadcasting identity packet
    [[email protected] ~]$

• is sshfs installed?

as i got:

Dez 10 17:56:44 archpure64 kdeconnectd[659]: kdeconnect.core: TCP connection done (i'm the existing device)
    Dez 10 17:56:44 archpure64 kdeconnectd[659]: kdeconnect.core: Starting server ssl (I'm the client TCP socket)
    Dez 10 17:56:44 archpure64 kdeconnectd[659]: kdeconnect.core: Socket succesfully stablished an SSL connection

• @joekamprad

can’t use code function cuz my copy paste is flagged as spam by blablabla.com

[[email protected] ~]$ yay -Syyu sshfs
    :: Synchronizing package databases…
    antergos 167.8 KiB 1526K/s 00:00 [--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
    core 132.7 KiB 1252K/s 00:00 [--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
    extra 1693.1 KiB 1735K/s 00:01 [--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
    community 4.7 MiB 1742K/s 00:03 [--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
    multilib 175.1 KiB 1636K/s 00:00 [--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
    warning: sshfs-3.5.0-1 is up to date – reinstalling
    :: Starting full system upgrade…
    resolving dependencies…
    looking for conflicting packages…

Package (1) Old Version New Version Net Change

community/sshfs 3.5.0-1 3.5.0-1 0.00 MiB

Total Installed Size: 0.12 MiB
    Net Upgrade Size: 0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
    (1/1) checking keys in keyring [--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
    (1/1) checking package integrity [--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
    (1/1) loading package files [--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
    (1/1) checking for file conflicts [--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
    (1/1) checking available disk space [--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
    :: Processing package changes…
    (1/1) reinstalling sshfs [--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
    :: Running post-transaction hooks…
    (1/1) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate…
    :: Searching databases for updates…
    :: Searching AUR for updates…
    there is nothing to do
    [[email protected] ~]$

• @AstralMystic you will need some likes to get around akismet spam control…

• so sshfs is installed… you can check if a package is installed by pacman -Qs sshfs

can you try moving kdeconnect settings away?

mv ~/.config/kdeconnect ~/.config/kdeconnect.bak

• @joekamprad

Sorry i took your time and sorry for bashing program which is working perfectly fine…

I thought about that previously but decided to check that now, and i wasn’t wrong i fixed that by not using wi fi which is the shitiest wi fi i ever saw in my entire life (well i moved to another city that’s why it’s not working but hey, I’m happy cuz this weekend I’m gonna move again and i just hope the network and the router will be configured in a sane way)

My fix was just to use hotspot on the phone… it’s working, even when i strengthen the firewall settings to not allow incoming connections, so i has only rules for kde connect and the rest will reject

It works beautiful without doing anything, well it works only if i don’t use shit wi fi

• you are welcome, it was not taking much of my time, and i do try kdeconnect now ☝

• @joekamprad

Well, it’s a big deal… at least for me, I’m surprised u don’t use it

Ppl say that for example on winb0ws airdroid is the best, well i bought it when i was still using it when i had much higher fps in wow year ago on different laptop, not the case anymore. But back to the topic, airdroid is acceptable at best to be honest when compared to kde connect, and i won’t see it happen to even come close to kde connect any time soon, but i don’t care at all since all my games run perfect on linux, ok except mu which doesn’t run at all, and this is unfortunate

• i do mainly use i3 plasma/kde i have only to check on errors… may i do change to use plasma/kde as backend to i3 if it is possible…

• @joekamprad

When i was young i enjoyed tweaking/ changing/ playing with openbox /pekwm

but back then, gnome 2 and gtk apps and kde3 qt apps were head to head with each other (ok maybe even then qt apps were better but there were amazing artists on deviatart from which i was stealing my beautiful stuff for gtk)

Now I’m old and i don’t have time nor will and i really do think there’s no mach for kde (and qt) in terms of how complete and advanced it is compared to any other DE

Yet those silly ppl at red hat want to dump kde by 2024 (info from slashdot) hahah they lost their mind or they are just insane

Not sure about i3 but don’t give up hope just yet cuz

"
    Despite a common misconception you can use KDE Connect on all desktop environments. Since most of the developers are using Plasma it may occur that a feature is broken or inaccessible on other desktop environments. In this case, please report it as a bug. There are multiple ways to enhance the KDE Connect experience on non-Plasma desktops. If you are a GNOME user you might prefer GSConnect, a GNOME shell extension. For desktops with AppIndicator support (Budgie, Cinnamon, LXDE, Pantheon, Unity) indicator-kdeconnect is available.
    "

So i think there should be possibility, and if not official one, if u are advanced mastah user with p0r uber kung fu skills maybe u can make ur own dirty hack

kde206 connect36 previously2 Posts 16Views 306
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.