• Install antergos to an usb stick

I tried to install base antergos without grub to my usb stick (live running from another usb stick, installing it onto a second usb stick), to be able to chroot into it from my antergos host, but it never goes beyond “preparing disk 100%”, googling the issue seems to yield no results besides “should be fixed now”, is there a way to maybe install antergos to the stick via cli to see some sort of output or to maybe even solve it that way? or is this a known issue and there’s actually a known solution to it?

Edit: just ran cnchi inside the terminal and got that:

2018-12-02 00:48:14 [DEBUG  ] Unmounting /dev/sda1  (mount.py:37)
    2018-12-02 00:48:14 [INFO   ]   (slides.py:240)
    2018-12-02 00:48:14 [INFO   ] Getting your disk(s) ready for Antergos...  (slides.py:240)
    2018-12-02 00:48:14 [DEBUG  ]   AntergosRoot AntergosVG /dev/mmcblk0p3(0)   
      AntergosSwap AntergosVG /dev/mmcblk0p3(6453)  (run_cmd.py:106)
    2018-12-02 00:48:14 [DEBUG  ]   AntergosVG /dev/mmcblk0p3(0)   
      AntergosVG /dev/mmcblk0p3(6453)  (run_cmd.py:106)
    Process Process-4:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python3.7/multiprocessing/process.py", line 297, in _bootstrap
        self.run()
      File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/installation/process.py", line 155, in run
        self.install_screen.run_format()
      File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/pages/automatic.py", line 254, in run_format
        auto.run()
      File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/installation/auto_partition.py", line 738, in run
        self.remove_lvm(device)
      File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/installation/auto_partition.py", line 692, in remove_lvm
        (vgname, vgdevice) = vgname.split()
    ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 0)

• https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installing_Arch_Linux_on_a_USB_key can give some info abot install onto a stick…

I do not think that Antergos installer is providing installation on a usb stick, without some hacking…

• It might (and should) work, but the real issue will be the booting setup.

Should the stick be able to boot independently?

Also, you may have a UEFI machine with gpt disk partitioning, but the stick may have msdos partitioning that suits for BIOS/Legacy booting. So the stick should have the same partitioning system as the system drive.

• I just install to a stick, it do not hang but it takes very long to install, blnext will be to try booting it…

• @joekamprad said in Install antergos to an usb stick:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installing_Arch_Linux_on_a_USB_key can give some info abot install onto a stick…

I do not think that Antergos installer is providing installation on a usb stick, without some hacking…

Already did that, since I couldn’t get antergos to install on it

@joekamprad said in Install antergos to an usb stick:

I just install to a stick, it do not hang but it takes very long to install, blnext will be to try booting it…

I’ve tried multiple usb drives and formatted them differently too, it always would get stuck for me on the getting ready part - did it just take very long at that part or later?

@manuel said in Install antergos to an usb stick:

It might (and should) work, but the real issue will be the booting setup.

Should the stick be able to boot independently?

Also, you may have a UEFI machine with gpt disk partitioning, but the stick may have msdos partitioning that suits for BIOS/Legacy booting. So the stick should have the same partitioning system as the system drive.

Yeah that is what I am trying to properly setup on my usb drive now.

• @ClownTie it needs around 1 1/2 hour to install here, but i can boot into installed system.

usb117 stick8 Posts 6Views 430
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.