• Random black screen on login

Hi,

I have an Asus X541U laptop with Nvidia GeForce 920M video card. After 10 years of Ubuntu I switched to Antergos 2 weeks ago, and I am really satisfied with it.

However on booting my laptop about 2/3 of the cases it goes on black screen, sometimes with a non blinking cursor at the top left corner, sometimes with no cursor.

I can swithch to other ttys, and if I press enter and (blindly) type in my password it logs me in to my gnome enviroment.

On the other 1/3 of the cases everything goes as expected, but sometimes the resolution for the login screen is smaller than my desktop settings and sometimes the resolution is fine.

I have added

logind-check-graphical=true

to my /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf nothing changed.
    I have added

pci=noaer acpi=force

to my grub, nothing changed.

After running

nvidia-xconfig

I was no longer able to login (even blindly) and I had to delete the created conf file.

I have found quite a few forum posts about similar problems, but I did not really find a working solution.

• you can try install lightdm-gtk-greeter , in the conf file place # infront of the webkit greeter, it will choose automatical gtk-greeter, you can check if that works nicely ?

• @rrd looks likely not an issue with gpu settings/driver, instead is may a problem with lightdm-webkit-greeter
    https://antergos.com/wiki/desktops/installing-display-managers/

• It seems installing gdm solved the issue.

Thanks

login131 black76 random16 Posts 4Views 134
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.