• Does Pamac have a bug with update selection?

Hi! I’m not very experienced with Antergos, only been using it for a couple of months now. So far I’ve enjoyed the experience more than Ubuntu, but each has its upsides. The problem I’m having is this: whenever there are package updates, deselecting them on Pamac’s updates list doesn’t prevent the program from upgrading them anyway.

Case in point, just today there was a minor update to LibreOffice. I figured I could live without the absolute latest point release. It’s big enough that it adds several minutes to the update procedure, and stable enough that I don’t feel like updating it all the time is a big priority. Same thing with Code::Blocks; it was just a -n level update (What are those, anyway? Package config changes? Tweaks to build options?) to a really big app. I made sure that the boxes next to each were blank/white/unmarked before clicking Apply.

Pamac downloaded and updated them both anyway.

I’d just like to know what’s going on. Have I failed to understand the UI paradigm? Is this just a (mis)feature that’s explained somewhere in the docs? Or is this a genuine bug that I should report?

Relevant app details:
    Pamac 6.4.0-1

System details:
    Operating System: Antergos Linux
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.14.3
    Qt Version: 5.11.2
    KDE Frameworks Version: 5.52.0
    Kernel Version: 4.19.2-arch1-1-ARCH
    OS Type: 64-bit
    Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz
    Memory: 7.5 GiB of RAM

• You must put packages you do not want to update to the ignore list inside pamac settings

• Ah, okay. It even has a type-to-search for the package ignore menu. Still, I kinda wish it had an ‘ignore this package for the time being, remind me next time’ option. Oh, well. Thank you for your help!

• it will remind you every time you update system as far as i remember

pamac69 selection9 Posts 4Views 135
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.