• Missing pamac-tray icon on KDE Plasma

How can I place a missing pamac-tray icon on the KDE Plasma desktop in the notification area?

• @zoli62 what is: pamac-tray-appindicator ?

sudo pacman -S pamac-tray-appindicator

• I have installed it via pamac, but I do not know how it will work.

• @joekamprad said in Missing pamac-tray icon on KDE Plasma:

pamac-tray-appindicator

is creating only this two files:

/etc/xdg/autostart/pamac-tray-appindicator.desktop
    /usr/bin/pamac-tray-appindicator

first one should start it second one is the executable…

You will have the icon on your button bar then and can click on it, and it will marked red if updates are aviable…
    0_1542693637252_Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-11-20 06-59-27.png

• On the popup window, however, this does not indicate on KDE the available new updates such as the XFCE desktop. But red alert is working. Anyway, this is more than nothing.
    Although if I think well, this bug came up with a KDE running Manjaro, not Antergos, sorry. Thanks.

• @zoli62 qt and gtk working not in the same way… (xfce = gtk / kde = qt) and as pamac is still a gtk app… they working also on a qt version at manjaro… (afaik)

• @joekamprad said in Missing pamac-tray icon on KDE Plasma:

@zoli62 qt and gtk working not in the same way… (xfce = gtk / kde = qt) and as pamac is still a gtk app… they working also on a qt version at manjaro… (afaik)

That’s interesting, because the pamac-tray button appeared on my Antergos machine without any problems. The problem was only on Manjaro’s pc. Of course, both have the same KDE desktop environment.

• @zoli62, there is an option in the apps preferences to hide the indicator till there are updates or show it permanently. Have you checked that out?

• @anarch I like it when the tray icon is constantly visible.

• That s ok, but have checked if ticking the correct box in PAMAC s preferences, resolves the issue?

• Make sure in pamac preferences Hide tray icon when no update available checkbox is not set.

• @BlaiseD
    The pamac tray icon is always visible, the available updates are not indicated in red

kde206 missing54 icon52 pamac-tray1 Posts 12Views 628
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.