• Gnome 3 Bugs

Is anyone detecting lot of bugs in Gnome 3.12?

I am:
    [list:29cx3swf]lots of flickers
    In files/nautilus:
    [list:29cx3swf]i can’t list folders first in list view (and other options) (fixed with dconf as suggested by tardis_junkie[/color:29cx3swf]) [/list:u:29cx3swf]
    Videos crashes like a crying baby[/list:u:29cx3swf]
    (this is a list… i’ll update it every time i find a “bug”)
    I’m getting the feeling that Antergos’s (and probably arch’s) gnome have lots of striped off bits, causing some instability and some missing functionalities. so my basic question is:
    is there anyway to get gnome latest? 3.13.x (pre 3.14).
    did anyone tried it?

• Is anyone detecting lot of bugs in Gnome 3.12?

I am:
    [list:29cx3swf]lots of flickers
    In files/nautilus:
    [list:29cx3swf]i can’t list folders first in list view (and other options) (fixed with dconf as suggested by tardis_junkie[/color:29cx3swf]) [/list:u:29cx3swf]
    Videos crashes like a crying baby[/list:u:29cx3swf]
    (this is a list… i’ll update it every time i find a “bug”)
    I’m getting the feeling that Antergos’s (and probably arch’s) gnome have lots of striped off bits, causing some instability and some missing functionalities. so my basic question is:
    is there anyway to get gnome latest? 3.13.x (pre 3.14).
    did anyone tried it?

• I have been using Antergos/Gnome DE for 2 months and I havent met the kind of problems you are facing (Iwouldnt call them bugs).
    The only thing I didnt know was if there was a problem setting Nautilus fist to view. I tried that and it works, too.
    **What do video crashes have got to do with the DE? It sounds like being a browser problem. Which one are you using?

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Hi,
    The folders first option is a bug, but easily fixed.

Using dconf-editor drill down something like: org - gnome - nautilus - preferences then tick the required option.

Can’t be more accurate at the moment as I am away from home. But if you need further assistance I will be home this evening, so reply and I will explain the steps in more detail.

Yours t_j

• Thanks tardis_junkie the folders first issue (and other options inside nautilus) are fixed by using dconf

@George Pantelis

Yes. Some are bugs, some are annoyances, some are simply miss configurations probably made by me.
    I was away for about 10 days and since i’m back i didn’t got any video flickers, thou i had to reboot my machine, using tty2, after login, since Gnome DE was not loading (white screen).
    I’m using Nvidea drivers.

Sorry all for not replying to my own post, but it was a complicated week…

Posts 5Views 1464