• Conflicts with new filesystemm

Like we now, Arch will make some changes. Upgrade automatically failed on Antergos saying that /bin and /sbin already exists, upgrade process were aborted.

Are you planning a solution?

• Like we now, Arch will make some changes. Upgrade automatically failed on Antergos saying that /bin and /sbin already exists, upgrade process were aborted.

Are you planning a solution?

• You can follow this steps [https://www.archlinux.org/news/binaries-move-to-usrbin-requiring-update-intervention/][0]">[https://www.archlinux.org/news/binaries][1] … ervention/

New installations already install the system with this changes, that’s the good thing with netinstall.

On the other hand, I started a new project trying to find a solution easier to handle by users with this issues. I can’t say anything at this moment because I just started this week and I have just a little C code and don’t know even if its going to work that well as in my mind

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: https://www.archlinux.org/news/binaries

• I read that and it sounds dangerous. I’ll wait.

• You should try to fix it manually, otherwise you won’t be able to update your system.

In most cases you just need to do:

# pacman -Syu --ignore filesystem,bash
    # pacman -S bash
    # pacman -Su

if it complains at some point telling you that /bin /sbin or whatever exists on filesystem you have to do the other steps to find out which AUR package installed in those directories, remove it, do this 3 steps again, and install again the AUR pacakges

• New installations already install the system with this changes, that’s the good thing with netinstall.
    ****************** faidoc said ^

^^^ really? I installed the day antergos released an iso… so a new install will implement these changes during install?

may i ask a different question… is the xfce installed by antergos, more “vanilla” /stripped down/archcentric/faster than say… Manjaro’s XFCe implementation? (figured I’d ask since we’re talking about net download)

• @“binskipy2u”:1yyfy7q4 said:

New installations already install the system with this changes, that’s the good thing with netinstall.
    ****************** faidoc said ^

^^^ really? I installed the day antergos released an iso… so a new install will implement these changes during install?[/quote:1yyfy7q4]

If you can’t fix the issue following those changes and you want to reinstall, you can, because our installers download everything, so the new changes applied in those packages are already being downloaded as they should. I don’t know if this is what you were asking.

may i ask a different question… is the xfce installed by antergos, more “vanilla” /stripped down/archcentric/faster than say… Manjaro’s XFCe implementation? (figured I’d ask since we’re talking about net download)

I haven’t looked at Manjaro’s really close, but I think both are pretty close. Manjaro has some other things that do not come as default in XFCE like the dock though. So maybe we’re more vanilla in that matter. We just change theme, icon logo and some other things to look better.

Posts 7Views 2359