• Antergos not installing.........Take a deep breathe......

@judd Thanks for the advice Joda. I was just thinking that before I install something, I want to know how to get out of a fix before I run into trouble.

You guys have answered my questions beautifully and led me to Linux enlightenment!

My insight is, just use Debian Stable and if you run into some minor trouble those Debian forum guys will help you even if they get a bit sarcastic. They are as stable as the OS they use.

• @Bryanpwo I installed Debian, but I am afraid of dying of boredom!

• @judd I have only one pc and have to memorise the documentation so that when the pc act up I will know what to do.

• @debiandonder
    From reading your posts, I think you’re not so bored with Debian at all and Debian suits you comfortably like an old pair of shoes.😉 So there’s no reason to switch, my advice on this to every Linux user out there: Stick with the distro that suits you and discover the possibilities and freedom that Linux offers you, because in the end it all comes down to that, no matter if the distro name is Arch, Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu, Zulu, Dart Vader or Sherlock… We’re all (and should be) one united group of Linux users.

• This post is deleted!
  • @308090b
    Thank you ✌ 👏 😍 😘 😍 😘
    I wish you a weekend full of love and kindness.

• @debiandonder From reading your posts it seems you have tried a number of Linux distributions. I lot of the install problems are not necessarily a problem with Antergos or the cinchi installer. More times than not it is hardware related and some of us lack the knowledge to understand the issue or how to get around it. This takes knowledge and experience which takes time. It’s not learned overnight and it’s not learned from a book. It is a combination of all of that and getting help from those more experienced. Eventually you gain enough knowledge from doing…and making mistakes and doing it again. There is just too much to know so learning is an everyday thing. I can tell you this that i have tried and run most Linux distributions on the distro watch list and once i found Antergos that was it. I use the Cinnamon desktop and i have not had very many issues with it. Once it’s installed it just updates and runs like a clock. Yes there have been times when i have had installer issues. Night time for me seems to be the worst to try installing for some reason and it depends on location. I also use Manjaro and unfortunately Windows 10 but that’s on it’s way out. The reason i like Antergos so much is because of the installer and being able to choose a desktop version, the simplicity of the install, the speed of the install, setup and the availability of just about any software i would want to use and how quickly i can install it and tweak the whole set up after. It is amazingly fast and maintenance is just a matter of keeping it updated as it is a rolling release and it updates more frequently than most other rolling releases most of the time. Antergos for me just works. The developers have done a fantastic job here and the moderators and others on the forum here are excellent and very helpful. We all just need to be patient and understanding and respectful. This is why i also like this forum as it is. Great bunch of people! Thanks again to all of you for all you do. @joekamprad @lots-0-logs @karasu @Bryanpwo @manuel and everyone else involved and or on the forum. I hope someday you get a chance to try Antergos and you like it as much as i do.

deep3 breathe1 Posts 27Views 3322
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.