• Antergos brand design

@luke_d

I only wanted to pop by and tell i support your rebranding ideas 100 %.

Keep up the good work, and let me know if I can do anything! I’m not a programmer, nor a graphic designer, but I’d like to support this project one way or another.

Thank you, for doing this!

• @aiphoenix now I’m creating a document about design directions, after I’ll publish it you can choose something for yourself to contribute ;)

• This post is deleted!
  • @trytip I don’t understand? Why? I’ve posted first pages of visual guide to avoid making such things.

• This post is deleted!
  • @trytip @luke_d yes yes i do understand it was only some funny play with the logo, as i understand? and fun is strictly allowed here at the forum ;)

• i would prefer that “A” Logo from @luke_d also the update for everything :P

• @luke_d any news here?

• Yes, I want to know as well. And don’t let the naysayers get to you! ☺️

• I stil like the orginality on the current logo ;)

• Me is still thinking on all this screwed up things on forum software and wikipage… a complete design change will come also with a complete cleanup of the ecosystem.

• I’ll have to agree. Brand is the least of the problems that AntergOS has.

• @joekamprad said in Antergos brand design:

Me is still thinking on all this screwed up things on forum software and wikipage… a complete design change will come also with a complete cleanup of the ecosystem.

Thinking fast.
    I would like the appearance of the forum to be more minimalist, making better use of the theme of spaces.

• I think it’s amazing and kudos to op for taking the time to show their passion for this project.

• @ringo32 said in Antergos brand design:

I stil like the orginality on the current logo ;)

We kinda know that, man. Still not very constructive for us that actually wants to discuss design moving forward.

• A shell comes close to a meaning antergos, mostly ancient stuf is showed as a shell. Im very pitty on that, is just i Make only some sound on that …ok…

Is just you brand stuf if you wanna go commercially forward or things goes bad you have to redesign stuf to go in the picture… i see personal non of that needed. At the end there gona be ton of work to redesign of the website about theming thats the total package, is not single logo change, an nice A does not tell anything to me fairly to say, also so i see here and there even a logo is some years old people wanna redesign stuf… even people choose a distro on a logo is kinda pitty how much arch based distro has a own design A… for arch the logo a double meaning but stil a shell has for me meaning as wel.

• @joekamprad and @aiphoenix I’ll need a bit more time to finish this.
    Stupid job related things are holding me back. Who need work anyway? 😄

Look at panther-launcher in the mean time. It’s a fork from pantheon slingshot. Playing nice with my overall simplistic vision. Click-scroll-select or click to search. Gotta love this workflow.

@inffy said in Antergos brand design:

I’ll have to agree. Brand is the least of the problems that AntergOS has.

Yeah, I know, probably, maybe, as I don’t have any problems with it.
    But I’m not a developer so I can’t help with your issues. I can help with brand design and this is what I’m trying to do 😉

@ringo32 said in Antergos brand design:

Is just you brand stuf if you wanna go commercially forward or things goes bad you have to redesign stuf to go in the picture…

Well… No. Many non-profit organisations care about their brand as this can have impact on many more things then just “sell”. I can see that you are strongly against rebranding but can’t get a real grasp why? Your arguments tend to be a bit off for this case. For example, you are saying that many Arch based distros are using A in a logo, and you know what? Apple is using… Wait for it. Apple.

If I’m not here for a longer time period you can always poke me on:
    Discord: cgslav#5192
    Twitter: @cgslav

• im a bit autistic also i like the logo :) what apple and apple bank uses, an apple, suse using a Chameleon, i dont say antergos logo is a good logo but also not a bad… Logo’s is least a problem currently :) Going to an A is least orginal also, arcolinux uses also an A but own styl.

but is my opinion, simply a A is just to bold. that people get attracted on logo’s or themes i dont know mostly first i change is theme to personal preferences. for currently logo’s is not really an issue on antergos ^ ^ , antergos have another problem that need to fix currently.

• @ringo32 What is the problems you are saying?

design4 brand2 Posts 64Views 2185
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.