• failed to initialize alpm library (impossible to find or read folder)

Hello, this is the msg I get when trying to update with sudo pacman -Syyu or reinstall with yaourt pacman. Apparently /var/lib/pacman/ has disappeared from my laptop. Do I need to reinstall or is there a recovering solution, please? Thx once more for your precious help.

• I could try copying the pacman folder taken from a different pc to var/lib but it does not work in nautilus and I dont know how to do it in a terminal…

• Succes with sudo cp -r pacman /var/lib

• When you can talk alone… why publish on a forum?

• caus we all are listen ;)

• i would check AUR packages installed, or do you remember what could have been the caus of this removement?
    Something you where tinkering before?

pacman -Qqem should show all AUR packages on your system

• @joekamprad Thx, pacman -Qqem gives no return. Normal? I have no idea why and how the pacman folder was removed. I never manipulate system folders or files. It happened after an update. Exactly like when I lost all my personal files during an update on my desktop that we discussed in another thread. The desktop froze during update, then all my files were gone. I am still trying to find them because there is no logical reason why they should have been erased.

impossible14 library7 initialize2 alpm1 Posts 8Views 313
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.