• No GUI after Grub boots, but linux is still booting up?

Hello,

I booted up this morning and strangely I cannot get my Gnome GUI to appear. There is no TTY access, either. I see “Starting version 239” and then a black screen. Even more strange, I have not updated any packages since my last reboot. I know the system is fully booting up because my windows VM is fully booting on another monitor.

Oddly, I can get the Gnome GUI to start up if I choose to boot with the linux-lts kernel from the Antergos Grub menus.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on, where to begin my investigation, and/or how to troubleshoot this?

• tell a bit more about how you do start Win VM on bootup and what GPU + Drivers you are using please.

• @joekamprad said in No GUI after Grub boots, but linux is still booting up?:

tell a bit more about how you do start Win VM on bootup and what GPU + Drivers you are using please.

I have VM Manager starting up a QEMU/KVM VM on boot which I believe I setup in the GUI of VM Manager.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 7970 which is being passed through to my VM (without issue apparently, as my VM boots up just fine). It is not being utilized in linux. I am using my CPU’s integrated GPU for linux.

I performed a full package update this morning on the LTS kernal, but still no success booting up on the regular kernal after a reboot.

I’m going to take a sweep through my journalctl entries and I will report back soon with anything I find.

grub123 booting54 gui24 boots13 Posts 3Views 225
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.